Push Notifications

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Push Notifications

Post by WB8ASI »

I have Growl working fine for Log4OM push notifications. In my attempt to figure out how to add push notifications to JTAlert, I find that Growl for Windows is no longer supported. On a Growl Forum, I found a posting from the Growl for WIndows author that suggests switching to Snarl instead, and indicates it should be a smooth transition. I'm wondering if and how Snarl can be used with Log4OM???
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Push Notifications

Post by G4POP »

We need to check this out as we did not realise Growl was dead
73 Terry G4POP
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Re: Push Notifications

Post by WB8ASI »

Terry, From link posted above:

briandunnington
11/18/18
As most of you have probably noticed, Growl for Windows has not had a significant update in many years. With all major desktop operating systems now providing native notification features, the need for a third-party notification tool has diminished, and I have moved on to other projects that compete for my time.

I know lots of folks still use and rely on GfW so the latest version of the app will remain available for download from Github (https://github.com/briandunnington/growl-for-windows) along with the full source code for anyone that wants to fix bugs, add features, or build upon the idea. If anybody is looking for a compatible alternative, Snarl (https://snarl.fullphat.net/) supports the same underlying GNTP protocol that GfW uses so you should be able to switch and have your apps continue to work as before.

Finally, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to GfW over the years, either through code contributions, ecosystem support, feedback on this forum, or just being a happy user of the app. Building GfW into a vibrant open-source app with a large user base was an incredible experience and I truly appreciate all of the support from the community. Thanks you!