Yaesu FT991A CW/ telnet issue

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Yaesu FT991A CW/ telnet issue

Post by DF5WW »

On the Omnirig download page you will find also the rigs. Download it and copy the rigs
to your Omnirig Rigs folder. After next start you´ll find the 991 in the Dropdown

Omnirig.png
Omnirig.png (7.94 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
Don´t wonder about the 4 Rigs in Omnirig, i use the Omnirig 2 project but 4 Radios are not
supportet yet in use with Log4OM V1. Maybe on a later V2. So you have normally the original
OR with only 2 Radios to setup.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
ku3x
Novice Class

Post by ku3x »

SUCCESS !

You guys are good ! The last time I tried Omnirig, Log4OM could not find the radio. I have no idea why?

This time I clicked on Omnirig, clicked on save, closed the software and then even rebooted the computer. Maybe a little overkill, but it worked. Opened Log4OM, and clicked on the headphone icon to bring up the rig settings. This time a different window opened and I was able to set up the FT991A.

Now I can have the radio in SSB, click on a telnet CW call out and the radio works great. It remains in the original CW setting of Narrow and the bandwidth stays at 400 hz.

Thanks guys, well done ! Three cheers for Log4OM !

Barry, KU3X
ku3x
Novice Class

Post by ku3x »

DF5WW wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 18:26 On the Omnirig download page you will find also the rigs. Download it and copy the rigs
to your Omnirig Rigs folder. After next start you´ll find the 991 in the Dropdown

Omnirig.png

Don´t wonder about the 4 Rigs in Omnirig, i use the Omnirig 2 project but 4 Radios are not
supportet yet in use with Log4OM V1. Maybe on a later V2. So you have normally the original
OR with only 2 Radios to setup.

;) ;)
Problem solved as stated in my above post. BUT, what you showed me is what I could not get to open before. That was the problem. I have no idea what was wrong or what I did wrong. I love the idea of being able to use more than one radio without always starting from scratch with the rig settings. I'll use this laptop in the primary station and portable. It will be configured with three other radios.......and now I can do just that.
Barry
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Barry,
Glad you have it working! Let us know if anything else goes astray.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ku3x
Novice Class

Post by ku3x »

I don't have a problem, but I do have a suggestion:

In the recent QSO (F8) window, add a column that shows comments.
I always add a comment to each contact, like power used and antenna used.
It also shows if I made the contact in a contest which I just entered to give other hams some points. I may also state when it's long path.

This is not a big deal for me but I think it would be nice feature.

Barry, KU3X
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ku3x wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 14:38 I don't have a problem, but I do have a suggestion:

In the recent QSO (F8) window, add a column that shows comments.
I always add a comment to each contact, like power used and antenna used.
It also shows if I made the contact in a contest which I just entered to give other hams some points. I may also state when it's long path.

This is not a big deal for me but I think it would be nice feature.

Barry, KU3X
Select LAYOUT and add the comments column or any column of your choice

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (136.02 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
73 Terry G4POP
ku3x
Novice Class

Post by ku3x »

Oh Boy ! That's perfect. I did not see that. It's hiding on the bottom of the screen.
Maybe I should use my good eye. Hi Hi

Now I can make changes that I did not know I could. This program keeps getting better everyday !

Thanks again,
Barry
ku3x
Novice Class

Post by ku3x »

To the right of the recent QSO page is a lot of wasted space. How can I widen the window so my comments column is much wider. I see in your picture the recent window uses all of the space, no grayed out area to the right.
Barry
Last edited by ku3x on 02 Mar 2019, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ku3x wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 18:40 Image

To the right of the recent QSO page is a lot of wasted space. How can I widen the window so my comments column is much wider. I see in your picture the recent window uses all of the space, no grayed out area to the right.
Barry
Page 53 of our user guide describes how to adjust column widths, change layouts and change column tittles

Most features are detailed in our user guides and these guides are searchable, so for instance search the word 'Layout'

There are also over twenty YouTube video tutorials to assist you!!

If the user guides and video tutorials do not contain the answers to your questions then a search of these forums will probably find that the question has already been answered, as an example a search on this forum for 'Layout' produced 282 posts relevant to layouts, see search.php?keywords=Layout

However please ask your questions on this forum if these various searches do not provide the answer to your questions.
73 Terry G4POP