Where did my config setting go? - RESOLVED

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
k0com
Novice Class

Where did my config setting go? - RESOLVED

Post by k0com »

Started the program like usual this morning, and a second window opened asking me to set up a config as all setting were missing. I cannot not find any config.xml files anywhere on my computer. When I try to set up a new config in setting, the "location" entry does not stay saved. I see I have a SQLlite file with yesterdays date. How do I get myself back to being able to use the program? Note: I had the latest version running and have been using your program since 2015 without a problem.

UPDATE: I went ahead and created an all new profile and designated a back up folder path. I then rebuilt the log file from the sql data I had saved. Looks like I'm back up.

Why in the world did this happen????
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Where did my config setting go? - RESOLVED

Post by NN7D »

K0COM,

Hard to tell why it happened without analysis of your system and program log.

But there is an easier way to recover. Your configuration files are backed up each time you close Log4OM, and multiple copies are kept - according to your settings in the Settings 1 tab. Also, if you have a secondary backup folder set (I would recommend) you can set "No Deletes" and have backups since you began using Log4OM.

Anyway, the default location of your backups is (for Windows 7, 8 or 10) Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM\Backup. In that folder you will find zip files for each backup made. Go back in time a few days and open the zip file and copy the config.xml file and paste it into your current configuration folder. You can find your current configuration folder by (in Log4OM) clicking on Help, Open Configuration Folder. Then you can copy the rest of the folders in the backup zip to your configuration folder to retain any User defined files like BandList, Cluster, etc.

I hope that helps.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA