Edit Contests

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
GM8MJV
Novice Class

Edit Contests

Post by GM8MJV »

I have moved from HRD to Log4OM - I would like to use the QSO Manager - Field update to globally set the contests.

Also - editing a QSO when on contest tab I cannot get the contest drop down to appear

Any Suggestions

Tom
GM8MJV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Edit Contests

Post by G4POP »

GM8MJV wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:48 I have moved from HRD to Log4OM - I would like to use the QSO Manager - Field update to globally set the contests.
I am sorry but I dont understand what you want to do please expand your request

Also - editing a QSO when on contest tab I cannot get the contest drop down to appear

You must check the box 'Enable contest mode' at the top left of the contest panel for the drop down list to be active

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (144.51 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
73 Terry G4POP
GM8MJV
Novice Class

Post by GM8MJV »

Two things: Want to use the QSO Manger to update all the QSO's that are contest related - have the dates - can use the search option to 'select' all, Field Update -> Select Contest ID - Type in name of contest and select update (simulation off) - system runs through and nothing on the individual QSO has changed.

Also when I EDIT an existing
Contest1.JPG
Contest1.JPG (55.14 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
QSO - there is nothing in the contest ID drop down.
I have checked and there are contests specified in the setup files.

Tom
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

GM8MJV wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 11:07 Two things: Want to use the QSO Manger to update all the QSO's that are contest related - have the dates - can use the search option to 'select' all, Field Update -> Select Contest ID - Type in name of contest and select update (simulation off) - system runs through and nothing on the individual QSO has changed.

I just checked and it works for me, did you check the check box 'Enable update' to the right in the main QSO archive screen?
Also when I EDIT an existing QSO - there is nothing in the contest ID drop down.
I have checked and there are contests specified in the setup files.

OK I missed that you were editing a QSO and I have just checked and can confirm that there is a bug in the software preventing the drop down list apearing, you can however enter a value and it does get saved.

I will call this to the attention of Lele
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Checking.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH