DB UPGRADE REQUIRED

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KK7AI
New user

DB UPGRADE REQUIRED

Post by KK7AI »

Very new user here ... trying to setup LOG4OM to read WSJT log file ... I receive the following error.

DB UPGRADE REQUIRED C:\Users\......\WSJT-X\db.sqlite

Not sure if this is LOG4OM or WSJT-X message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KK7AI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: DB UPGRADE REQUIRED

Post by G4POP »

Log4OM will not read that WSJT file, you need to import the WSJT ADIF file

Alternatively set up JTALERT correctly to WRITE TO the Log4OM database as detailed in our user guide and video tutorials
73 Terry G4POP
KK7AI
New user

Post by KK7AI »

Thanks for the quick response.

I recently upgraded and with that I now can't see my logbook and also have the DB UPGRADE REQUIRED message.

At the moment I am at a loss what to look at. Does that error message mean anything to LOG4OM?

Thanks,

KK7AI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KK7AI wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 01:55 I recently upgraded and with that I now can't see my logbook and also have the DB UPGRADE REQUIRED message.

As I stated in my last post the WSJT SQLite file is generated by WSJT and is incompatible with the Log4OM file structure that is why Log4OM is telling you that a database update is required.

I will state again that you do not open the WSJT SQLite database in Log4OM, what you should do is to IMPORT the WSJT adif file into the Log4OM database - File/Import ADIF

The correct way to integrate WSJT with Log4om is by employing JTAlert and following the instructions in the JTAlert user guide, our user guide and our YouTube tutorials

If you updated Log4OM from a very old version of Log4OM you will also get the DB upddate message but this appies to the Log4OM SQLITE file that you created when you initially installed Log4OM - IT IS NOT THE WSJT SQLITE FILE
73 Terry G4POP