Import & External Logs

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K2GC
Novice Class

Import & External Logs

Post by K2GC »

When Importing an ADIF file, Log4OM does not send that data out to external logs. Is there a way to fix this? I have been doing a lot of portable outings, and logging on my android phone. I come home, and then import the ADIF file, but there is no easy way to get that data out to my other logs (qrz, lotw, eqsl, etc)

Looking for ideas, options, suggestions!

Mike
K2GC
Mike
K2GC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Import & External Logs

Post by G4POP »

Answered on Facebook
73 Terry G4POP
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

I wouldnt really say my question has been answered on facebook, although Terry, yes you did reply.

I did see another post from some time back that just popped up to the top of the list.

I find it frustrating that this isnt simpler to do, and sadly may drive me away from Log4OM the more i do Portable Ops....
Mike
K2GC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The reason we don't auto upload to external logs when we import an ADIF from another program is that we would have to check the eqsl, LOTW, QRZ, LOTW, HamQTH, etc sent status for every incoming qso and upload individually according the the upload status for each qso which would slow the import process dramatically.

We don't know what the original software has uploaded and just automatically uploading would probably cause duplicates.

As I said in my Facebook reply using a windows phone or tablet enables auto synchronisation using Dropbox or other cloud storage facility.

We will probably add a bulk upload facility to these other on line logs in V2 but as Juergen stated V1 is on maintainence and these facilities will therefore not be added to V1

There are many other logging programs available but I don't know which ones provide the services you require so cannot recommend an alternative, sorry.
73 Terry G4POP