QSO Start Time

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N7RD
Novice Class

QSO Start Time

Post by N7RD »

Yes I have my settings to Set Start Time when leaving call sign field. I have noticed none of my times are matching with my online QSO's. As soon as I enter a call sign in the field the start time stops. Shouldn't it only stop when I move the cursor from the call sign window? I can not seem to get the time to start when leaving or tabbing from the call sign field box. It always stops when ever I enter any call sign, and the cursor is still along side of the call. Do I have something set wrong? Really is driving me crazy, any help would be appreciated.

Respectively submitted,

Ron D. Smith - N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSO Start Time

Post by G4POP »

Did you 'SAVE' the config after checking the start time check box

What version number are you using?

I have just checked and its working fine here
73 Terry G4POP
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

Yes I saved configure after checking the box. I am running Ver. 1.36.0.0, I noticed if I click on a spot in the telnet window putting my rig on freq and entering the call, the time stops. If I just type in the DX call in the window the time remains to run.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

I also notice if I have a call in the call sign window and move the cursor any place, including checking lookup the time stops and will not reset until I delete the call from the call sign window. This has caused many of my QSO's to be no good for awards as the time stops every time unless it is entered manually and the cursor is not moved from the call sign window. This is a huge problem for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the same problem still remains.

Thank you,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

N7RD wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 21:05 I also notice if I have a call in the call sign window and move the cursor any place, including checking lookup the time stops and will not reset until I delete the call from the call sign window.
That is the correct and intended mode of operation. Once you leave the Callsign Window the "Start Time" is set. However, if you wish to reset the "Start Time" you just click on the "Orange Square" to the right of the Start Time.
73 de David G4NVB
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

Tnx David for the explanation, seems rather dumb to me but will try to work around it.
Sure cost me lots of QSL's due to bad time.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Or uncheck 'Set start time when leaving the callsign field' and set time manually by clicking the orange/red button beside the time field.

The concensus of our users, when asked how they wanted to set the start time, was to set it when the cursor leaves the call sign field but we provided a choice anyway.
73 Terry G4POP
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

Tnx Terry, will learn to work around that problem. Wish I would have noticed
it sooner, but that's life!

Best Regards,
Ron N7RD

Still love this program....... :)
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD