v1.36.0.0 with WSJT-X and JT Alert drops TCP Connection After Every Entry

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WoWKO
Novice Class

v1.36.0.0 with WSJT-X and JT Alert drops TCP Connection After Every Entry

Post by WoWKO »

Hello:

I'm using the latest versions of WSJT-X, JT Alert, and Log4OM. I've had everything set up to automatically log each FT8 QSO for more than a year. However, recently, something changed on my Windows 10 laptop so that after a QSO is logged, the TCP connection in Communicator drops. I can restart it easily, and the connection remains up until after the next QSO is logged, when the TCP connection drops again.

So far, I've tried disabling the firewall and anti-virus application, but the problem remains. After searching this forum, I found a couple of similar issues, but the resolution was unclear.

So, at this point, I'm looking for any suggestions.

Thanks very much,

Rob, W0WKO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: v1.36.0.0 with WSJT-X and JT Alert drops TCP Connection After Every Entry

Post by G4POP »

This is an issue we have experienced before and it's caused by indecipherable data blocks being received from an external source causing the TCP connection to close because of what it perceives to be an error.

We have a new version 1.37 under test which ignores this received error from external sources and keeps the connection open.

You can either wait for that to be released or if you feel capable of testing it then email me for download information - My email is on QRZ
73 Terry G4POP
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Just sent you an email, Terry. I'm comfortable testing the new version

Thanks very much for the super-fast response!

Rob, W0WKO
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Sorry, Terry, that didn't fix the problem.

I downloaded and installed v1.37 as an administrator, and I have the same problem----the first QSO logs fine, but after logging, the TCP connection drops. It can be restarted, after which the next QSO works fine, but drops again.

I have to believe something changed with my Windows 10 configuration over the last few days, but for the life of me, I have no idea what changed.

Any other ideas, Terry?

Thanks again for your help,

Rob, W0WKO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please generate a support request as detailed on our web site

Please ensure that you set 'Trace mode' and then recreate the issue before generating the report

Email the report to me DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS FORUM
73 Terry G4POP
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Okay, Terry, will do, and thanks very much.

Rob, W0WKO
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Okay, this all now resolved. Terry asked me if I was using the ADIF monitor to also monitor the WSJT-X Log file. When I checked the configuration in Log4OM, I realized that I was indeed using the ADIF monitor, but to monitor the SQL Lite Log4OM log database, which doesn't work and serves absolutely no purpose.

Why did I do this?? I have no idea. I recently moved the location of the SQL lite database, and somehow, my brain must have had a short circuit and I checked the box incorrectly.

Anyway, once I turned off the ADIF monitor, everything is working great after multiple FT8 QSO's with no drop of the TCP connection, so all is good now.

Live and learn, I guess.....

Anyway, thanks to Terry and team for providing such prompt and thorough support, and my apologies for bothering them with such a stupid mistake on my part.

Rob, W0WKO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

These things happen Rob, don't beat yourself up!

We prefer you ask for help whatever the cause turns out to be, we just want everyone to enjoy Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP