Look up and website button greyed out

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
on4bbq
Novice Class

Look up and website button greyed out

Post by on4bbq »

Hello,

Just started off with the logging program. Looks like what I have been looking for a long time !

In the mainscreen there is a button ""LOOK UP""" and a button ""website"" . Contrary to the screens in the manual these buttons are allways greyed out. Makes no difference whether I tick the "external sources" button on or off.

Most probably fingertrouble from my side but I have been looking and checking all over but cannot find what is wrong.

Other thing : when I open and login to QRZ.COM on the F11 activated screen I still have to type the callsign in order to have more info about the callsign. And after having another callsign in the window for logging the whole QRZ url is gone and has to rewritten again .... Or maybe this is normal ?

Many tnx for your reply and clearing up a few items.

73 de Ronald, ON4BBQ

G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Look up and website button greyed out

Post by G4POP »

Hi Ronald and welcome to the forum,

Last things first.

Entering your call and QRZ password in the options menu is only for doing a call lookup when a call sign is entered in the QSO input pane - You enter the call and Log4OM checks with the QRZ xml lookup facility for details and enters the available details into the various input fields.

The browser is just the same as any other browser and you need to log into QRZ for the first lookup, once logged in you are not logged out until your either log out or close the browser.

Now the Lookup button

For the Lookup button to become active either….

1. Enter a valid call sign into the input field manually

or

2. Double click on a cluster spot - Which then inserts the call into the field for you

Providing that call can be found on QRZ or HamQTH the lookup button will become active

If however the call is entered incorrectly e.g. ON0AAA has been entered with an 'O' instead of a zero then the call will not be matched at QRZ and the button will stay inactive.
73 Terry G4POP
on4bbq
Novice Class

Post by on4bbq »

Hello Terry and thanks for your swift reply.

OK , I got you on what http://www.qrz.com is concerned.

What the greyed out buttons is concerned : even with a valid callsign in the qso box these buttons remain greyed out whether there is a callsign in or not.

Maybe I should start from square one and download log4om again ?

I am using WIN XP : might be a source for discrepancies too ?

73 de Ronald, ON4BBQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Ronald,
No problem with Win XP just make sure that you have service pack three installed and when you install Log4OM it will check that you haVe the latest dot Net also.

Could be a bad download, please uninstall and download a fresh version to install.

Do you find the same problem using HamQTH instead of QRX?
73 Terry G4POP
on4bbq
Novice Class

Post by on4bbq »

hello Terry,

I re-installed log4om again but still greyed out buttons as before.

Same when using HamQTH.

I keep on working on it but not much else to do I guess. Anyway , logging itself is OK.

Thanks for your help and 73 !

Ronald, ON4BBQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Ronald,
Do you have Skype?
73 Terry G4POP
on4bbq
Novice Class

Post by on4bbq »

Hello Terry,

disregard my previous message please : buttons are now activated when using HamQTH. When using QRZ they stay greyed out.

This for info.

Thanks for your help Terry !

73 de Ronald
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Ronald,

I just checked QRZ and you are not an XML subscriber I.e. You do not pay money for a QRZ XML subscription.

This is why the buttons and lookup using QRZ do not function correctly

However you will now be OK using HamQTH so I am please all is well
73 Terry G4POP
on4bbq
Novice Class

Post by on4bbq »

hi Terry,

all is OK now ! Even QRZ enables me to activate the 2 greyed out buttons. Do not really get it...the only thing I did was logout from QRZ ( I was logged in on another window ) , log off from Log4OM, log on to Log4OM, ticking "QRZ" in settings1 and all was OK.

Sorry for all the trouble my friend. Reminds me a bit electronics/computers on airplanes ( I am a B-747F pilot ): when all fails ( on the ground ofcourse...) unplug and unpower all ( even the standby batteries ) ...wait a few minutes to power up ...and there is a high probability the problem is solved after a "reboot", hi.

Thanks again and I am looking forward to use this promising logging program.

73 de Ronald, ON4BBQ