ADIF Export ... then Import hiccups

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

ADIF Export ... then Import hiccups

Post by KI5IO »

Been helping out another OM and showing ADIF Export/Import features and elements.

I've run into a 'hiccup' that I can't quite get resolved. I've done a thorough read of the Users Guide and have searched the Log4OM Forum and still no good result.

I've exported an ADIF file using three different options from within Log4OM's QSO Archive. The item count is 1661.

Options are:

1) Export only standard ADIF fields
2) Simplified ADIF
3) Default export with neither of the above two options selected

I selected ADIF Version 2x

Export worked just fine.

When importing to OM friends logging applications (two different applications). Only the ADIF file created as "simplified ADIF" brought all items (contacts) into the other applications. The other two ADIF files only imported 296 contacts and only those with SSB mode. All the data for those contacts was included as would be expected and that includes confirmations, verifications, etc..

The simplified ADIF import has very basic information as would be expected.

Not sure where to turn for additional troubleshooting to resolve.

Possibly using QSO Archive and create a custom field selection for ADIF Export that is more than the simplified option, but not as much as the other two?

I'll refill my coffee cup and keep looking, but figured I'd send this to our group for additional input and food for thought.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ADIF Export ... then Import hiccups

Post by G4POP »

Did you try exporting an ADIF 3 version?
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Yes I did and had same results.
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Send me a support request from your friends computer and also a copy of his sqlite file by email to the address shown for my call on QRZ please

Also what were the two applications you were importing the ADIF into?
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Terry,

Was at an all-day continuing ed class today for my 'now and then' inspection business so have not had a ton of time to do more debugging.

To simply testing and showing features I've put the one logging app on my laptop and I've also been communicating with another user of that same app and he has experienced the same import hiccups as I have.

I'll establish a support ticket from my machine and send over files, etc. as requested.

I don't want to mention other logging program on the forum just out of professional courtesy. I'll share more details as I can assemble the ticket and send you an e-mail.
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI5IO wrote: 05 May 2019, 03:32 Terry,

Was at an all-day continuing ed class today for my 'now and then' inspection business so have not had a ton of time to do more debugging.

To simply testing and showing features I've put the one logging app on my laptop and I've also been communicating with another user of that same app and he has experienced the same import hiccups as I have.

I'll establish a support ticket from my machine and send over files, etc. as requested.

I don't want to mention other logging program on the forum just out of professional courtesy. I'll share more details as I can assemble the ticket and send you an e-mail.
This was my response to Nolan's support request

Nolan,
I have tried all of the ADIF files you sent plus I loaded your SQLite file and exported an ADIF 3.0 full file myself, I then imported those files into the following programs and all imported the complete file OK!

ADIF Master
Logger 32
Swiss Log
HRD 5.0 and 6.0
ACLog
WinLog
DXLabs
Log4OM V1

I then downloaded and installed Prolog which promptly locked up my Windows 10 i5 PC and as there was not an uninstaller and because the install was faulty I could not uninstall it via Add & Remove programs, it then took me 45 minutes to remove all the files Prolog had distributed around my computer – Wont be trying to install that one again!

I have carefully checked the files that you provided and apart from a couple of commas being used in odd places, which would not normally cause issues I could not find any errors.

Therefore I can only conclude that there could be an import issue with ProLog V8 and perhaps you should request help from the Prolog program developer.

Sorry I cant be of much help in this matter but I have spent several hours and cant find any issues.
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Terry,

Tnx so much for all your efforts and clarity with your findings. As I noted in my message to you there will be a couple more Log4OM users before long.

Removal of that app from my laptop was a pain as well. It started to shut my laptop off on an ad-hoc basis. I've been scratching my head on that one for a couple weeks as I was attempting to help out the other OM.
Plano, TX