Copying another field to the Notes field

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NR3E
Advanced Class

Copying another field to the Notes field

Post by NR3E »

I was wondering if anyone has tried this. I am curious to see if it is possible to copy a SOTA summit name to the Notes field for multiple records. The information is there somewhere because when I enter the SOTA designator, the name pops up. I would like to do it by running an update query within the program, and not necessarily by copying the data to an external source and manipulating the data then.

Thanks,
Ron, KI4TN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Copying another field to the Notes field

Post by G4POP »

Does the notes field ONLY contain SOTA References in all QSO'S?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Log4OM only saves into db the summit code. The name is retrieved at runtime from sota xml.file loaded in memory. A query can only copy fields that reside in the database.
You can copy summit code into note field with a query as both are in the database. Summit name is not easily retrievable without some technical activities outside Log4OM perimeter and capability
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
NR3E
Advanced Class

Post by NR3E »

G4POP wrote: 06 May 2019, 17:36 Does the notes field ONLY contain SOTA References in all QSO'S?
No, I have non-SOTA contacts where I might use the Notes field and sometimes with SOTA contacts I will use the Notes field. I had planned on selecting the ones that had an empty Notes field and put the Sota Name there. That would probably be ninety percent of my SOTA contacts.

But Daniele has indicated that it is probably not possible. No big deal, it was more of an exercise in programming than a necessity. I thought it would be fun having the Sota Summit name visible in the Notes field if it was unused. There is no need to have the Summit Reference in the Notes field as that is already a field anyway.

Thanks,
Ron, KI4TN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You could always appeal to the ADIF org to add an ADIF field for SOTA name
73 Terry G4POP