QSO Information F6

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G6VMR
Old Man

QSO Information F6

Post by G6VMR »

Afternoon All

If I enter the call K9W in the call window of my main log. I get returned in the previous results window (F6) 4K9W. I have not previously worked K9W so I would expect the QSO list to be empty. I have worked 4K9W.

Martin
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSO Information F6

Post by G4POP »

Hi Martin,
The worked before list is filtering down through calls containing the characters that you have typed in as you type them and doing a partial match on each character.

So in my case as I enter the K9 I will see calls such as DK9BF, K9TK, K9EU and 4K9W

As you add more characters the list gets more refined and 99% of the time when you finish entering the call you will only see exactly the calls worked before.

Clearly there are always exceptions to the rule and as a result on rare occasions when entering this sort of call you will get the QSO's displayed as you describe. I have just checked HRD and ACLog and both handle the worked before in the same way for partial matching.

However it is possible that at some time in the future we might add an exact match user definable choice but this will slow lookup to some degree. Meanwhile some user intervention is required to decide if the exact call is listed.
73 Terry G4POP
G6VMR
Old Man

Re: QSO Information F6

Post by G6VMR »

HI Terry

THanks for the update on the way the feature works.

Sounds acceptable to me.

Martin