Cluster (VE7CC) link being dropped ?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Cluster (VE7CC) link being dropped ?

Post by KI5IO »

Noticed this AM that my link to N4KZF-1 (a CC User Node part of the VE7CC cluster) is being dropped by LOG4OM.

I have my node running and click over to that and don't seem to see any problems.

I might have something improperly selected, but am not sure. My KI5IO-17 SSID is one I have chosen that is primarily focused on CW monitoring.

I'm going to switch over to the AE5E cluster and see if that holds better.
Attachments
ClusterSSIDConnectedorNot.JPG
ClusterSSIDConnectedorNot.JPG (108.43 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster (VE7CC) link being dropped ?

Post by KI5IO »

I've tested now with a connection to the VE7CC-1 Cluster, the N4ZKF-1 Cluster and the AE5E Cluster.

I've experienced the same conditions with SSIDs labeled 16 and above and 15 and below.

With CC User running on my laptop and connected with an SSID of 16 or above when I turn on Log4OM and attempt to also log in with the same SSID ... it won't stay connected at 16 and above, but is very happy with multiple connections of the same SSID of 15 and below.

Does not appear to be any issues with Log4OM.
Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster (VE7CC) link being dropped ?

Post by KI5IO »

Well ... egg on my face here. :oops:

I used to have my connection to the cluster working just fine and my gray matter just didn't wake up when I was doing some testing and making changes.

I had the cluster up/running fine no matter the SSID. Then I went and tried to connect "directly" to the cluster with Log4OM ... thus the 2nd port being dropped or refused access.

Looking at my notes and then reviewing (again) the well-written instructions in the Log4OM Users Guider brought me back to my senses.

All is fine.

Now it is time to top off my glass of wine and back to testing some filter options on the cluster. ;)
Plano, TX