CAT Help

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W5KAP
Novice Class

CAT Help

Post by W5KAP »

OK I've decided to take the plunge and go with a CAT system. I've downloaded and configured Log4OM and added my ADIF FIle. I purchased a serial to USB Cable with the FTDI chip set and loaded the drivers. Since my antenna is down for the moment, I am not on the air but I can turn the radio on. I have a Kenwood TS-2000 and a Dell laptop. I assume I connect the cable and turn the radio on Can someone Tell me the steps to take then via Log4OM to get my CAT working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73 de Kenn W5KAP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT Help

Post by KI5IO »

Kenn,

Welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy Log4OM. Take a look at the detailed users guide that you can download and refer to. Terry has also created many YouTube videos and one addresses CAT control.

As part of the Log4OM installation one of the options was to also have OmniRig installed. That is the APP that carries out the CAT communications to your rig. Make sure that both OmbiRig and Log4OM have been installed from the administrator level and that both those APPs are always started with administrator levels.

Best place to start will be with the users guide and the videos. Good foundations there that will also step you through the setup in Log4OM.

Patience and a step at a time and you will be in great shape.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W5KAP
Novice Class

Re: CAT Help

Post by W5KAP »

Thanks Nolan. I got the cable (with the FTDI chipset) and installed the drivers. ALso, I installed Omnirig when I installed the main program. I think have a friend who runs this logger and has CAT control but on an Icom. He gave me the parameters to use but I'm still not seeing the freq being displayed. You're right, of course, in that I need to download the Users Manual and read it. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

73 de Kenn W5KAP