Connection to IC-746

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
w5uy
Novice Class

Connection to IC-746

Post by w5uy »

Hello All:
I am new to the program and am trying to get it all working. My issue currently is communications...The only COM I may select is COM 3. I have never used Hamlib or Omnirig before. The settings I have selected are: HamLib and HRDlog both turned on to red; No RTS or DTS; CAT selected; ICOM IC-74.0.7.1. Beta 1323; 9600, 1

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Bill, W5UY in Las Cruces, NM :?:
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Connection to IC-746

Post by G4POP »

Hi Bill,
I think Omnirig will work best with your Icom and you should check the following

1. Ensure the rig is set to the same baud rate that you select in Omnirig
2. Check your com port numbers in the windows control panel device manager to ensure that you are selecting the correct port in Omnirig
3. Use the other default Omnirig settings

If that does not work then please advise us what interface you are using between the rig and computer and also what operating system you have on the computer
73 Terry G4POP
w5uy
Novice Class

Post by w5uy »

Hi Everyone:
Thanks----the Omni program seems to work just fine on COM 1. Now, one more problem---I want to use MixW3 at the same time as the log program. They both seem to
fight for COM3. How does this work? If Fldigi would work better, I could live with that one too! Any help would be appreciated.

Bill, W5UY
Las Cruces, NM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Bill,
FLDigi will be best for you especially with our next release which has even better integration with FLDigi.

Suggest that you wait for the new version of Log4OM, it won't be long
73 Terry G4POP