Logging problems

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K0AY
Old Man

Logging problems

Post by K0AY »

I'm generating QSOs on WSjt-X and JTALERT. I'm using the latest version of everything. Yesterday, My QSOs were not logging to LOG4OM. I now have a red light on Comm SVCs. clicking on that give me the option of restarting
TCP. If I do that, I get a window telling me that it's already running. If I go ahead, I get a second instance of the communicator. I opened the communicator and the TCP light is red. I restarted it,and minimized it changed to green, but the comm Services light on the bottom of Log4OM is still red. I reinstalled the program with no joy.

Suggestions please.

Art K0AY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Logging problems

Post by G4POP »

Send me a support request so that I can check

Details of how to generate the support request are on our web site

Email the file to me DO NOT POST IT ON THIS FORUM

My email address is on QRZ.COM
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Art,

You might try this, when you notice the red light on the comm svcs., and failure to log from wsjtx, open up communicator, and you will likely note that the TCP Connection to Log4OM is red. Press the ON button next to it, and that should reconnect things.

Then minimize, don't close communicator.
Communicator.PNG
Communicator.PNG (57.18 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
i hope that helps,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

Thanks for the speedy reply. As I mentioned in my original email, I opened the Communicator and observed that the TCP connection light was red. I clicked on the button to it's right to start it up and it changed from red to green. However, on the bottom of the LOG4OM screen, The comm Services light is still red. I have an option to connect TCP. f I do that, I get a message stating that TCP was already running. If I proceed, I get a new 2nd instance of the Communicator which I do not want. I cannot log from WSJT-X.

Art K0AY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Problem was resolved with a computer re-boot
73 Terry G4POP