User support and Skype

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

User support and Skype

Post by G4POP »

Most user problems can be resolved on this forum or by direct email, however occasionally we need to go further.

Chuck K7PT and I have, with Log4OM and previously with Simon Browns HRD, helped users by using Skype or TeamViewer because this way we can actually see the other persons screen.

TeamViewer is OK but it does mean that we have to control the users computer which we are not very comfortable with. Skype on the other hand enables us not only to see what the user is doing but also direct him when he goes wrong.

So lets allay some concerns about Skype

1. Skype is completely free
2. It is not necessary for the user to have a web cam because screen sharing is accomplished in software
3. It helps if the user has a microphone and speakers or better still a headset because we can then also talk to each other.
4. If the user does not have a microphone, speakers or headset we can still communicate by using text messages in Skype to direct the users actions we are watching while screen sharing.

Our advice to all users is to install Skype on the machine the Log4OM software is running on to enable use to render assistance in the easiest possible way.
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Re: User support and Skype

Post by K7PT »

My Skype name is:

chuck.degard

and I'm generally available from about 0800 until 2300 UTC.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"