lost QSO's

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K5XOM
Novice Class

lost QSO's

Post by K5XOM »

I was trying to export a QSO logged in Log4OM to another logging software. I was having difficulty figuring out how to do it. In the process I must have done something wrong. Now I don't have any QSO's any recent QSO's. Where did they all go. Can they be recovered ? Shouldn't they be in a file somewhere on my drive?
thanks, hope you can help
Ken K5XOM
K5XOM
Novice Class

Re: lost QSO's

Post by K5XOM »

I found the lost QSO's in the .sqlite file. Had no idea what that file was or how It got misplaced from where it was supposed to be.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Ken,

Glad you figured it out.

A note, if you have not noticed, the path and file name to your log is displayed in the lower left corner of the main Log4OM window. Its a good idea to put your log sqlite file somewhere where you know the location, and can back it up. I put mine on my Google Drive folder, where there is always a copy in the cloud.

Also note your settings in the Settings 1 tab for the location of your backup folder, and I would recommend a secondary backup folder which is never deleted.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

How to export ADIf files and open databases and recover one is covered in the user guide page 10 and 170 to 177, also to some extent in the Quick start guide
73 Terry G4POP