LOTW Login Pickle

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KA1WPM
Advanced Class

LOTW Login Pickle

Post by KA1WPM »

Hello Everyone,

I'm afraid I have gotten myself in a pickle with LoTW and I'm not quite certain what to do.

I manage our club's call sign and LoTW uploads. This weekend I uploaded some QSOs which went without a hitch. I even downloaded QSLs, also without problem. Then I realized that I didn't actually remember the passwork to log in to the site from the browser. No problem, just reset that password and I'm back in business again.

This evening I decided to download QSLs from LoTW, but ended up getting HTML content instead of an ADIF. So, I must have forgotten to update the password in the configuration for the club call. So, I updated the password, saved the configuration, restarted the program and tried to download again. Same problem. Okay, so I tried to put the password directly in the download dialog. Still the same problem. Then I decided to try to log in to the web page. No problem, new password worked.

Was it a problem with the LoTW site? Switched the configuration back to mine and loaded my log database. Went to the LoTW download dialog and had no problem downloading my QSLs.

I'm using a password manager so I won't forget the password again, and copying the password to and from the clipboard. So there should be no problem there.

I don't know what else to look at. The HTML that gets downloaded says "Username/password incorrect". Clues?

Thanks
-- Dana, KA1WPM
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW Login Pickle

Post by NN7D »

Hi Dana,

Make sure your LotW password does not contain any special characters, like $,#,%, etc. They will work on the LotW website, but not with the adif download via Log4OM.

I hope that helps.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
KA1WPM
Advanced Class

Post by KA1WPM »

I read something like that in another thread about log upload. That's good information, and I'll check that out today. I will report back with the results. Thanks, Doug!
-- Dana, KA1WPM
KA1WPM
Advanced Class

Post by KA1WPM »

That was it! Got rid of the special characters and everything worked like normal.

Thanks again, Doug!
-- Dana, KA1WPM
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Glad that solved the issue! And thanks for reporting back.

73, Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA