Yaesu 991A - CAT Problem

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Yaesu 991A - CAT Problem

Post by DF5WW »

Did you run Omnirig and Log4OM with adminitrator privileges ? That´s a must have.
Also please upgrade to Log4OM V1.38. Yu will find here: http://www.log4om.com/dl/

Have you the newest Omnirig.exe that can handle up to 4 Rigs ? If not see attached file and
copy the unpacked EXE it into your Omnirig installation folder.

O.k. attached file to big. Have send to your mail adress ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G0CNN
Advanced Class

Post by G0CNN »

Nope. I did have a CAT session with the 991A, but I can't recreate it. I even thought at one point it was related to the 5000 USB dongle plugged into the laptop (with the 5000 turned-off), but it wasn't. I've tried all the reboot combinations possible and waited a few minutes at each step in case there was a delay between the 991A, Log4OM or OmniRig, but I couldn't recreate whatever got the CAT working in the middle of the previous tests. I've unplugged all laptop leads and only left the 991A USB connected.

In typing this latest reply, I plugged in all the leads and at a later point the CAT came on again. There's some sort of delay or me looking at OmniRig settings that seems to be part of the CAT starting up. What's annoying is I can't seem to replicate it....despite meticulous testing..... :cry:

At the start of this note after long tests there was no CAT and at the end of it there is CAT. I am baffled..... :shock:
G0CNN
Advanced Class

Post by G0CNN »

Ok Juergen. Will do!
G0CNN
Advanced Class

Post by G0CNN »

I'm now running OmniRig v1.19 and Log4OM v1.38.0.0

No change I'm afraid. Not sure what I can try next?

Thanks.

Ian.
G0CNN
Advanced Class

Post by G0CNN »

I've made a workaround by making both Rig1 & 2 in OmniRig the 991A. This works after various tests.

I will just have to do this when working /P with the 991A and then restore the 5000 settings when back home.

It may be I can just change one of the 5000 settings e.g. COM port, to get the 991A working, but at least I know how to work around this for now.

Thanks for all your help! We didn't get there in the end, but this will allow me to work with CAT and /P.

Ian.