Updating error

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K6XT
Novice Class

Updating error

Post by K6XT »

Scenario: I run two copies of Log4OM simultaneously for 2 calls. One install on HDD, one on a USB stick.

The installer went to USB stick without offering a choice to choose directory. That update on the memory stick was successful.

Now, the updated memory stick is removed and PC restarted. The installer is not offering me a "choose directory" option nor is it choosing to update the install on C:/ drive. Instead, it is failing with the error message:

"The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another"

OK'ing out of this error message closes the installer. There is no offer to choose where to update.

I tried the installer's two available options "Custom" and "Compact". Both yield the stated result.

In my several trips thru the manual I found nothing indicating how I should proceed. If I missed it perhaps someone can tell me which page went foggy as I viewed it. Appreciate help digging out of this one.

NB: I did run as admin.

Thanks 73
Art K6XT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Updating error

Post by G4POP »

K6XT wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 17:19 "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another"

OK'ing out of this error message closes the installer. There is no offer to choose where to update.

I tried the installer's two available options "Custom" and "Compact". Both yield the stated result.
Are you sure that your installing Log4OM because we dont have a custom or compact choice

We do have a Portable version which is what you should be installing on your USB drive and our normal install will automatically install to the Program files (X86) folder on your hard drive, there is no other option!
73 Terry G4POP