FLDigi Interface

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WH2HAO
Novice Class

FLDigi Interface

Post by WH2HAO »

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can connect the data out of FLDigi to the Log4OM. Like when the qso is added on FLDigi, can the qso automatically be transferred to the 4OM log. I know it works with some log programs, just curious if there was a way. That would be great.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: FLDigi Interface

Post by G4POP »

Yes you log in FlDigi and the log entries will be added to LOG4OM

The set up is fully documented in the user guide

73 Terry G4POP
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

This works very well. As Terry has indicated it's in the user guide. Few things to remember, point Log4OM to the FLDigi log file in use (some ops might have multiple logs set up in FLDigi), don't forget to click the big green START button under the services tab before closing the options window (my biggest pitfall), always start FLDigi first so it reads and controls the radio (otherwise Log4OM will have radio control and then FLDigi won't log the correct freq and mode because it won't know). When the contacts get into Log4OM you may want to update them as address info does not come over from FLDigi. I'm a stickler for getting as much info for every contact as possible so when I make a handful contacts I open each one (in Log4OM) and click the UPDATE button but other ops might not be so fussy. Now if FLDigi had full WINKey support I'd be completely off DM780....Hope this helps.

Jeff - N9BBE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Jeff,

No need for Winkeyer support in FLDigi its coming to LOG4OM soon!

73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Mmmmh it does't update automatically the fldigi contact with QRZ/Hamqth informations? don't remember that point...
can be useful? let me know

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

It would be best if we could lookup QRZ during the import from Fldigi.

73 Terry G4POP
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

WINKey support in LOG4OM coming soon? I'm going to pop open another brown bottle I'm so excited...

Daniele, I do a call lookup in FLDigi before I conclude the QSO so all of that info gets logged in FLDigi but there is items that do not make it into LOG4OM. When I get some time in the next couple of days I'll be more specific as far as what fields do not get populated from FLDIGI.

Thanks guys

Jeff - N9BBE
WH2HAO
Novice Class

Post by WH2HAO »

Thanks for all the help. I have to say this is the best log program out there. I think I tried them all.
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

Daniele, I looked at the import from FLDigi and the items I do not see transferring from FLDigi is the address and locater (grid) even if I have these field populated in FLDigi. All else looks good.

Jeff - N9BBE
WH2HAO
Novice Class

Post by WH2HAO »

Hello,

I read the guide thoroughly, and the data connection is on. However, maybe I'm still not getting it. When I click on the call sign in FlDigi, and then "look up" The data fields fill in on FlDigi on top as usual. Now, at that point can I get the data to show up on Log4OM. I like to see the map, heading and distance etc. while I am in the middle of the qso, and to know if I worked the station or not. Or, does the data only transfer to log4OM after the qso is saved in FlDigi. Because if thats the case, its not too good of a fearure because the call sign worked and map data will be useless after you complete the qso and then save it. I hope I'm not confusing anyone. Basically can the data be in both programs in real time at the same time.