Sending Comments to EQSL & LOTW

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Sending Comments to EQSL & LOTW

Post by W4EBB »

I send QSO/QSL info to EQSL, LOTW and QRZ.

My comments do not make it to EQSL. I do not think comments are going to LOTW.
Strangely, comments do go to QRZ.

I want my comments to go to all three logs.

ESQL and QRZ are updated automatically by LOG4OM. LOTW is updated in LOG4OM batches by me.

I tried looking around for help but nothing made sense to me.

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Sending Comments to EQSL & LOTW

Post by NN7D »

Hi Charlie,

A quick glance, and I don't see that LotW has provided for a Comments field. The LotW website does not show comments when querying a QSO, and the LotW download ADIF file does not contain a Comments field. Correct me if I am wrong.

Could be the same for eQSL?

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

AFAIK, LOTW doesn't use the comment field. As far as eQSL is concerned, here is a statement from their FAQ:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sending eQSLs

I have uploaded QSOs with the ADIF COMMENT tag filled in. However, the QSL Card Comment does not display. What is going on here?

The ADIF tag COMMENT is used for private comments about the QSO. We found out a decade ago that people did NOT want those comments disclosed on their cards! The ADIF tag QSLMSG is designed to be used for QSL Card Comments. That is the one we display on the eQSL card.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that if you want comments to be on your eQSL card, then they should be included in the QSLMSG firld.
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

Thanks to both of you for replies - seems I have something to learn and will investigate eqsl. will post again after investigating.

Charlie
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

okay - I am inching along here - understanding more about how things work but still unable to proceed.

First, now I am only talking about no comments on EQSL.

I understand that EQSL only gets comments via QSLMSG as per their documentation.
How do I send QSLMSG to EQSL and how do I put something like "Tnx for QSO - 73s" into QSLMSG.

My process is this - save log in WSJT-X and send log to LOG4OM via JTAlert. LOG4OM then sends QSO to EQSL.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Charlie
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Check the log4om settings menu there is provission for the message in there
73 Terry G4POP