Label Design window

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K5CKS
Advanced Class

Label Design window

Post by K5CKS »

In the Label Design window are the measurements in mm or inches? I couldn't find this in the User Manual.

Thanks,
Rory, K5CKS
K5CKS
Advanced Class

Re: Label Design window

Post by K5CKS »

Ah Ha! After some experimenting it looks like the values are in cm. How do you deal with the space between each label horizontally? For example, there is a 3/32" (.23 cm) gap between the labels horizontally on the Avery 8660.
Thanks,
Rory, K5CKS
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Label Design window

Post by KI5IO »

Rory,

A couple years ago I tackled setting up labels for the variety I was using and my printer. All the measurements you can glean will get you in the ballpark, but you will have to tweak as each printer has its own nuances. One thing I was doing (wrong) was that I had set my PDF file to "fit" on the page ... well that certainly is not what the ink hits on the labels when it they are printed.

Also ... after I had consumed (might I say wasted) a couple of sheets with labels I learned to do all my test prints on a plain piece of paper and then held that printout against an actual sheet with labels to see where I needed to make adjustments.

It turned out to be trial and error for my efforts and I ended up getting a good print. Albeit there is always some 'creep' in the text as it rolls toward the bottom of the page.

I almost bought one of those Brother printers that use a roll of labels as that would have been far simpler, but then it turns out I do so few paper QSLs I didn't feel I needed to go through route for now. I tend to focus mainly on LOTW.

All that being said ... be sure to download the Users Guide http://www.log4om.com/dl/ from that page. The main Users Guide is there as well as the Quick Start Guide.

Pages 108-111 in that Guide get into the label setup from within Log4OM V1.

Best of luck and again welcome to Log4OM.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX