Call Sign on Printed Labels?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N5HC
Novice Class

Call Sign on Printed Labels?

Post by N5HC »

Can I print the call sign on the address labels?
73 de N5HC
/Conny
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Call Sign on Printed Labels?

Post by IW3HMH »

Not in V1.
On V2 we will add this capability
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Are you referring to callsign on the MAIL TO address label? If you intend to put green stamps in the envelope, this is not a good idea. It indicates to unscrupulous mail carriers that there may be something of value in the envelope. It's best to keep mailing addresses on the envelope as generic as possible, including the return address - best practice is to have your mailed envelope look like a business mailing. While the problem may be small, you can help avoid it this way. It has worked well for me over the years. Hope this is useful!

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ac5aa wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 21:01 Are you referring to callsign on the MAIL TO address label? If you intend to put green stamps in the envelope, this is not a good idea. It indicates to unscrupulous mail carriers that there may be something of value in the envelope. It's best to keep mailing addresses on the envelope as generic as possible, including the return address - best practice is to have your mailed envelope look like a business mailing. While the problem may be small, you can help avoid it this way. It has worked well for me over the years. Hope this is useful!

73, Duane
Duane,

Just confirmed with Lele that there will be an option to "use" or "not use" a call sign in the address labels in V2. Thanks for input and I had forwarded that to him for the list of items in V2. He said it will be done.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX