All spots show as needed

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WB4M

All spots show as needed

Post by WB4M »

I run Log4OM DX Cluster on my old Vista laptop. All incoming spots show up "red" (new) and needed on both band and mode. Oddly, the "worked before" are properly marked. My log has almost 10k in it. What do I have wrong? Thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: All spots show as needed

Post by G4POP »

WB4M wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 02:14 I run Log4OM DX Cluster on my old Vista laptop. All incoming spots show up "red" (new) and needed on both band and mode. Oddly, the "worked before" are properly marked. My log has almost 10k in it. What do I have wrong? Thanks
At the lower right corner of the main window do you see the path to your SQLite database or does it say 'Not connected'?
73 Terry G4POP
WB4M

Post by WB4M »

G4POP wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 08:57
WB4M wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 02:14 I run Log4OM DX Cluster on my old Vista laptop. All incoming spots show up "red" (new) and needed on both band and mode. Oddly, the "worked before" are properly marked. My log has almost 10k in it. What do I have wrong? Thanks
At the lower right corner of the main window do you see the path to your SQLite database or does it say 'Not connected'?
I see the path.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try the following

1. Save/export an ADIF of your log (As an ADIF 3)
2. Create a new database
3. Import the ADIF created in 1 above

See if issue persists
73 Terry G4POP
WB4M

Post by WB4M »

G4POP wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 21:22 Try the following

1. Save/export an ADIF of your log (As an ADIF 3)
2. Create a new database
3. Import the ADIF created in 1 above

See if issue persists
Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.
Maybe it's a Vista thing, lol.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please send me a support request, help/send bug report

Include an ADIF file please
73 Terry G4POP
WB4M

Post by WB4M »

G4POP wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 06:11 Please send me a support request, help/send bug report

Include an ADIF file please
I re-installed the program and it worked fine.. until I closed it and restarted it and it was back to same problem. I also noticed when I click on a station to check bands worked, (statistic) nothing shows up at all.
Do you want the entire log file?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Follow instructions here https://www.log4om.com/log4om-support/ for generating a support request

EMAIL IT TO ME DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK
Having created a new database and using your config so that I have a replica of your set up I imported your ADIF file and even though there are no country names for your QSO’s there are DXCC numbers which log4OM used to highlight the cluster entries correctly.

I have restarted several times and its all functioning perfectly on my Windows 10 machine.

Vista is older than Windows 7. But it’s still supported by framework 4.7.2 so it works, but you probably need to install it manually!

What is unclear is if it can deal with the current HTTPS connections we use towards external resources. With some tricks and fully patched OS it will probably work but...?????????????

My best advice would be to create a new database and then import the ADIF file that you sent me but make sure that you check the box ‘Update countries’ in the ADIF import window – THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO IMPORT SO BE PATIENT!

If that does not fix the problem I strongly suggest you update to Win 10 or try to update vista to the latest Net Framework 4.7.2
73 Terry G4POP
WB4M

Post by WB4M »

G4POP wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 20:08 OK
Having created a new database and using your config so that I have a replica of your set up I imported your ADIF file and even though there are no country names for your QSO’s there are DXCC numbers which log4OM used to highlight the cluster entries correctly.

I have restarted several times and its all functioning perfectly on my Windows 10 machine.

Vista is older than Windows 7. But it’s still supported by framework 4.7.2 so it works, but you probably need to install it manually!

What is unclear is if it can deal with the current HTTPS connections we use towards external resources. With some tricks and fully patched OS it will probably work but...?????????????

My best advice would be to create a new database and then import the ADIF file that you sent me but make sure that you check the box ‘Update countries’ in the ADIF import window – THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO IMPORT SO BE PATIENT!

If that does not fix the problem I strongly suggest you update to Win 10 or try to update vista to the latest Net Framework 4.7.2
I tried all of that and it worked normally at first but as after closing and restarting, it was back to showing all needed. It's like the program is reading 2 different logs. But, it's no big deal as that old laptop is just one I've kept for some old 16-bit programs and to toss in the car for logging etc while traveling. Thanks for all the help, 73.