WAB SQUARES

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
GM0FGI
Novice Class

WAB SQUARES

Post by GM0FGI »

I am a very new user, am trying to understand the system, have set up and uploaded some of my back logs via ADIF import. So far so good.

I am a Worked All Britain square collector, is there any way to add an additional column in the log to input the WAB square numbers (2 letter plus 2 number code)?. I have perused the manual and cannot find any help, I may have missed it.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Tom GM0FGI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WAB SQUARES

Post by G4POP »

Hi Tom,
In the latest version we have included a net Control which is uses the SIG (Special Interest Group) and SIG Info fields of the ADIF specification. The intention is that SIG's like the WAB, Royal Signals net etc can enter this sort of information here.

What software and fields did you use for WAB information before?

Let me know and I will try to help you sort it out

73 Terry G4POP
GM0FGI
Novice Class

Post by GM0FGI »

Hi Terry

Thanks for your response.

Previous software was DXKeeper

I will look at the net section of the manual, I noticed it was a new addition to the programme.

Many thanks for your assistance

Tom GM0FGI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Tom,
If you email me a couple of your WAB entries as an ADIF export from DX Keeper I can ascertain what field the program uses to store the data, then we can see how to convert it to LOG4OM.

This would help us ensure that DX Keeper imports work 100% we had to do the same with HRD because of the obscure way other program's store different data.

73 Terry G4POP
GM0FGI
Novice Class

Post by GM0FGI »

Hi Terry

Thanks for your response.

DX Keeper does not output WAB square information in to an ADIF file. The programme stores the log in an Access database. The heading in the access database is APP_DXKeeper. In the logging pane this is called Region, and I can name the column WAB.

I dont know if this makes sense, all I am really looking for is a way to add a column into the log that could be headed WAB

Thanks for your interest.

Tom GM0FGI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Tom,
At the moment it is not possible for users to add a column or change the title of a column, this is sometime in the future!

We can use an ADIF award field for this information and also add a specific WAB column, I will talk to Daniele about the possibility tomorrow.

73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

G4POP wrote:We can use an ADIF award field for this information and also add a specific WAB column, I will talk to Daniele about the possibility tomorrow.
Looking forward with interest.
73 de David G4NVB