How to restore from backup

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W7AM
Novice Class

How to restore from backup

Post by W7AM »

I did something very stupid this morning. My CAT stopped working and in my frustration with trying to fix the problem I hit the reset configuration button. After I did that all my info disappeared including my log. Apparently when I set this program up I failed to save the configuration. I know the program saves a backup file when it closes but can't find where the file is stored and how to restore the program from this file. I can redo all the setting but recovering my logbook is the critical issue. Help anyone? Thanks, Richard W7AM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How to restore from backup

Post by G4POP »

Hi Richard,

The backup is only a backup of your logbook data - Its unlikely that your logbook has been lost try searching for *.SQLite and this file once found can just be opened from the Log4OM file menu (Open Database)

The configuration of the program like settings for eQSL, LOTW, Clublog and your other information will not be available so you will have to set up the options again

If you need further help please let me know
73 Terry G4POP
W7AM
Novice Class

Post by W7AM »

Thanks for the quick reply Terry. I was able to restore my log which was the important thing. Have a great day.

Richard, W7AM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Soon we will also have a config backup to save your settings :D
73 Terry G4POP
F4ILK
Novice Class

Post by F4ILK »

Hello,
I encountered a problem yesterday I worked on Log4OM 2 without any problem if I closed them all it went normally then I turned off the pc this morning I turned on the pc again and then I opened Log4OM 2 and the surprise it is open as if it was the first installation nothing more everything is empty I closed log4OM and reboot the pc and restarted log4OM and like that everything is empty.
How do I have to do a Log4OM restore to get everything back ?

73's F4ILK Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

First you have posted in the version 1 forum!

Full restore instructions are contained in our user guide

JURGEN do not move this thread because most of it applies to version 1 it's just the last post that is wrongly placed so leave it as it is please
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Since you told me via Skype I haven't moved any post from V1 to V2 or backwards ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.