LOTW select issue 1.16.0.0

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
wa2edn
Novice Class

LOTW select issue 1.16.0.0

Post by wa2edn »

I just upgraded to 1.16.0.0 when I go to QSL Management, LOTW and click on SELECT, I get a list of contacts that are OLD. Not the list of current contacts. If I do a download the list changes to the proper list and I then can select the latest QSOs not uploaded and upload them. My previous version worked fine 1.11.3. Thanks for a GREAT program .
Bill, WA2EDN
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: LOTW select issue 1.16.0.0

Post by IW3HMH »

If you click on SELECT you will load the full set of informations from your log.
The button "SELECT REQUIRED" just above the up-arrow in the LOTW page will load all QSO that actually needs to be uploaded (LOTW status = REQUESTED) with a single click

Pse confirm if that works for you :)
Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
wa2edn
Novice Class

Post by wa2edn »

this is what I get when I click select
this is what I get when I click select
lotw1.png (102.74 KiB) Viewed 6275 times
That is what I expect but not what I get.
Here's what I expect:
This is after I do an DOWNLOAD... and the screen refreshes.. .This is what I expect the first time.
This is after I do an DOWNLOAD... and the screen refreshes.. .This is what I expect the first time.
lotw2.png (118.97 KiB) Viewed 6275 times
Thanks for prompt reply.
BILL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Bill,

Questions

1. Did you remove the old version of Log4OM before installing 1.16?
2. How many QSO's are there in your logbook in total?
3. Do you get the same issue using eQSL and QSL?
73 Terry G4POP
wa2edn
Novice Class

Post by wa2edn »

NO I did not remove the old one first.
OK.. So I will make an adif backup, remove all then install 1.16.0.0.

I'll report back..
THANKS!!

BILL
wa2edn
Novice Class

Post by wa2edn »

ok,, I uninstalled it from Control panel. Reboot, then re-installed it. I was expecting to enter all the info but when it started it was ready to go !.. Has same issue.
Starts with a 01/07/13 contact vs todays.
Should I have deleted all the files from the folder after removal with Control Panel ?
Can I save the config so I don't have to reload all the info ?
Thanks I do have a work-around... do a download first, then select and upload..
BILL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

wa2edn wrote:ok,, I uninstalled it from Control panel. Reboot, then re-installed it. I was expecting to enter all the info but when it started it was ready to go !.. Has same issue.
Starts with a 01/07/13 contact vs todays.
Should I have deleted all the files from the folder after removal with Control Panel ?
Can I save the config so I don't have to reload all the info ?
Thanks I do have a work-around... do a download first, then select and upload..
BILL

Questions 2 & 3 again and please send me you ADIF file by email so that I can try to simulate this
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

wa2edn wrote: That is what I expect but not what I get.
Here's what I expect:
Thanks for prompt reply.
BILL
Hi Bill, sorry but i don't understand what you need :)
If you need the QSO that needs to be uploaded to LOTW, the first screen is correct. All "LOTW SENT STATUS" are in "REQUESTED" status. This means you must send them to LOTW, to get the "YES" status, that means "yes, you have SENT your part to LOTW".

The second screen is a mix of confirmations sent and unsent (LOTW SENT STATUS column) that contains QSO that needs to be sent to LOTW, and QSO that has been already sent to.

When you click on SEARCH button, you will get your ACTUAL situation, containing QSO sent to LOTW and unsent, and the status of RECEIVED QSO from LOTW.
This is what the SEARCH button did: show you the actual situation of upload/download from each QSO to LOTW.

If the task is to SEND DATA TO LOTW, relative to unsent QSO, the "SELECT REQUIRED" button does this work for you, by selecting all "REQUESTED" QSO in the LOTW SENT, filtering them for upload.

checking your screenshots it seems some OLD QSO (YS3CW, CU7TG and others) has been NOT marked as SENT = YES in the LOTW SENT STATUS, but you have received a confirmation for those.
This means your old software didn't updated the LOTW SENT STATUS correctly (or this information has not been exported to ADIF when you loaded them on Log4OM).
If you want you can fix this situation:

Check the button "USE FIELDS AS SEARCH PARAMETERS", set LOTW SENT to "R - Requested" and LOTW RECEIVED to "V - Validated".
Click on SEARCH button
This will show all QSO that has been verified but reported as "REQUESTED" in the current log. Those QSO can be updated to "LOTW SENT" = "Y - YES" by setting the status in the LOTW SENT dropdown list, select all QSO in the list and click the floppy disk icon near the LOTW SENT dropdown list.
As an alternative (that is not dangerous), simply press SELECT REQUIRED and make a full upload to LOTW again...

Hope this helps :)
wa2edn
Novice Class

Post by wa2edn »

I sent Terry the detail he asked for... I think I may be using the system wrong and explained that in the info I sent to Terry.
Thanks for all the support.
BILL
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Terry explained me it was a SORTING issue :)
I didn't understand that, i'm checking it now

73 and tnx
Daniele