Manual QSO Entry

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Manual QSO Entry

Post by G4POP »

Jerry,
What is the four SQLite files, you can open them in Log4om by going to file/open database
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Current log file is shown in the bottom right corner of the main screen.
It should work because each time you add a qso the recent will be refreshed statistics updated.
It'd you send me the log file I can check it for problems
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KB4FP
Novice Class

Post by KB4FP »

Daniel and Terry, Thank you so much for your attention. As you asked, The following files are returned after a windows search:

File Name In Folder Size Type
New Log.SQLite My Documents 72 KB SQLite file
New Log.SQLite Partricklog_files 18 KB SQLite file
LogOm.SQLite \Application Data\LogOM 18 KB SQLite file
System.Data.SQLite \IW3HMH\LogOM 756 KB Application-
Extension

The first three appear to have no data in them. I cannot access the System.Data.SQLite file but not sure if the content of that file is the data that I seek or the running applications. It continues to look like I either did not enter the QSOs properly or I didn't save them properly.. perhaps I did not form the log file properly... Please don't spend a lot of your valuable time on my problems! I'll keep at it.
thank you so much, Jerry KB4FP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Jerry,
The first two are logbook files and the last two are system files.

If the first two are empty I suggest that you start fresh as follows

In Log4om go to file/new database, provide a meaningful name like "KB4FP logbook" and save it to your documents folder.

Now you should see at the bottom right corner of the Log4OM window your database like C:/......../My documents/KB4FP logbook/SQLite

Now enter a call sign and click the "Add" button in Log4om or press the enter/return key on your keyboard.

The QSO that you entered should now show in the "Recent QSO" tab of the main Log4OM window.

Restart the program and the QSO that you entered should still be available in the recent QSO window which proves everything is being saved and recalled properly.

It would also be a good idea to complete the backup settings in the Options window as detailed in the user manual then you will always have the original log and backup

Let us know how you get on please
73 Terry G4POP
KB4FP
Novice Class

Post by KB4FP »

Will do Terry.... thanks for your time... I will keep you posted on my progress. Jerry, KKB4FP
Can't find back-up proceedure in the manual....
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KB4FP wrote:Will do Terry.... thanks for your time... I will keep you posted on my progress. Jerry, KKB4FP
Can't find back-up proceedure in the manual....

Oh! Perhaps I forgot to document that, I will ensure I add it in the next release.

Meanwhile go to options/settings 1 tab and on the right hand side you will see the possibility of setting two backup paths, numbers of backups and back up when you close the program

If you need help let me know and I will make a video
73 Terry G4POP
KB4FP
Novice Class

Post by KB4FP »

Terry & Daniel,
What a really great program. It really does have everything a Ham would need for logging.... only problem is me.
I have re-entered the qso's and everything seems to be working properly.. except me... I can't create a proper back-up file and the program doesn't seem to recognize or find the path to the back-up file I thought I had created.

What am I doing now? What should the path be? Im such a stupe!

Thanks again, 73, Jerry, KB4FP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Jerry,
Having set the backup path in Options/settings 1 tab are you certain that you clicked the "Save config" button?
73 Terry G4POP
KB4FP
Novice Class

Post by KB4FP »

Yes, I did... several times... in the setting1 tab, in the space for the file path, the file path is there but in a very light and hard to read print.

The file path reads: c:\\Documents and settings\Jeremiah\my documents\kB4FP log backup.SQLite

and listed in the location, the file is identified as:
106KB
2014030418055_KB4FP logbook.adi

what have I done wrong?

Thanks Terry, 73, Jerry, KB4FP
k3dcw
Advanced Class

Post by k3dcw »

KB4FP wrote:The file path reads: c:\\Documents and settings\Jeremiah\my documents\kB4FP log backup.SQLite

and listed in the location, the file is identified as:
106KB
2014030418055_KB4FP logbook.adi

what have I done wrong?
Nothing, Jerry,

The backup is an ADIF file, time stamped with the date and time of the last time Log4OM closed.

This is a great backup method as that ADIF file can be imported into any program, or back into Log4OM as needed.

Dave
K3DCW
K3DCW
Elecraft K3