Out of band error

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Out of band error

Post by G4POP »

Are you sure that your details are entered correctly in the Options/Station info tab because an error there will cause the software to select the wrong band plan.
73 Terry G4POP
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

G4POP wrote:Are you sure that your details are entered correctly in the Options/Station info tab because an error there will cause the software to select the wrong band plan.

Hmm ... well they appear to be wrong. Don't know how that happened because I'm sure I entered them correctly at first, but how do I correct them? I can't select any other numbers from the drop down except for the ones I have now (ITU 6, CQ 5) <-- these are wrong, should be ITU 7, CQ 4. I can select other countries but not other zones. Grrr.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The zones set automatically using your call sign and the country selected
73 Terry G4POP
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

G4POP wrote:The zones set automatically using your call sign and the country selected
Well, then the function doesn't work because they were wrong. I'm in ITU Zone 7 and CQ ZOne 4. Check my QRZ page.

Although the selection boxes that are presented to the user appear to be drop-down lists of selections because they have the little down arrow symbol there (which only present you with one selection), I went ahead and typed my correct info in the text area. It seemed to take it, so I shut the program down and restarted it. My entries were still there (ITU 7, CQ 4) ... but the Out of Band message still comes up when I tune above 7.2 MHz.

Shouldn't the drop-down selection box contain all the zones so you can choose which one you are in? I'm not sure this function is working like a drop-down selection box. You should not be able to enter data into a drop-down field - it should contain all the official available selections so the user must choose only available correct choices within the official limits.

Any other ideas?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

There are two issues here

1. The program selects the correct band plan, which is what controls the out of band messages, from the call sign and country - Not the zones

2. The zone issue sounds like a bad download or install so....

Please uninstall the program

Delete the download from your computer

Download 1.16 again

Install 1.16 again

As always backup your data first for safety
73 Terry G4POP
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

G4POP wrote:
Please uninstall the program

Delete the download from your computer

Download 1.16 again

Install 1.16 again

As always backup your data first for safety
Gulp ... OK but what data do I need to back up? Just the adif file? I'm a little worried that I have to set it all up again.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You should not have to the settings are remembered and the logbook is not deleted

Saving an ADIF is just an extra precaution but worthwhile
73 Terry G4POP
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

Terry,

While I was waiting on your reply I re-downloaded it and re-installed it on another different computer - my laptop - which I first installed it on to see if I would like it.

After re-installation, the same problem is there on a different computer - it automatically shows my ITU as 6 and CQ as 5, same problem as the other computer.

I presume the Out of Band problem would also be there if I had a radio set up on the laptop.

What now? Isn't this a sign of a bug? :(
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

It may appear to be a bug but we have several thousand users in the USA that are not reporting this issue so the indicators are that if it's a bug it's related to a certain combination of factors at your QTH

My job is to identify just what those factors are!

To facilitate me identifying your issue I need to talk to you on Skype and Skype needs to be resident on the machine running our software.

Can you let me know when we can speak on Skype please.

It's now 00.35 hrs at my location so I am about to go to bed.
73 Terry G4POP
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

G4POP wrote:It may appear to be a bug but we have several thousand users in the USA that are not reporting this issue so the indicators are that if it's a bug it's related to a certain combination of factors at your QTH
Yep I agree.
To facilitate me identifying your issue I need to talk to you on Skype and Skype needs to be resident on the machine running our software.

Can you let me know when we can speak on Skype please.

It's now 00.35 hrs at my location so I am about to go to bed.
Go to bed - I'll install Skype on my laptop and let you know when we can talk. Thanks.