Connecting ANAN-7000DLE

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Connecting ANAN-7000DLE

Post by g3ziy »

Hi, Have any of you successfully connected an ANAN-7000DLE to Log4OM? My ANAN is connected via the Ethernet port to my LAN, and is accessible on any of the computers on that LAN.
I tried using HamLib connection, but I am not sure which port number to set, and cannot see it in the PowerSDR software documentation. Omnirig PowerSDR only seems to offer COM ports which the ANAN is not connected via. Any help would be gratefully accepted.
73, Richard, G3ZIY.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Connecting ANAN-7000DLE

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Richard,

pleas check the ANAN user guide for setting up the SDR software. Don´t know what you use (PowerSDR mrx or something) but
you have only connect LAN to the PC from your ANAN. What you have to do is setting up a pair of virtual COM ports in the
SDR Software. This is normally described in the ANAN user guide oir in the guide of your SDR software.

I don´t have a PC based SDR here a.t.m. but i´ve had this working with other LAN or Bluetooth connected SDR´s in the past.

;) ;)

By the wy, you need 3rd party software to creating these virtual COM ports. I´ve used VSPManager by K5FR in the past. It´s
a part of DDutils but also a single SW which you can get from K5FR by asking him via Mail (see QRZ.com for the mail adress).

Next by the way: We prefer Omnirig to connect to the Radio/Software. Omnirig has PowerSDR as an own RIG and Omnirig works
great with Log4OM. But check that you have Omnirig installed with administrative privilegs if you plan multithreading with
other software like JTDX/WSJT-X/FLdigi .......
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Post by g3ziy »

Hi Juergen, your reply sorted the communication out between Log4OM and the ANAN running PowerSDR mRX PS just fine! I used com0com for the virtual ports as I already had it installed.

73, Richard.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Did you have it run now ?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Post by g3ziy »

Hi Juergen, yes all is running well now, thank you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

RichardCSD wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 08:09 Hi Juergen, yes all is running well now, thank you.
Richard,
Perhaps you would care to write up the connection procedure/setup and illustrate it with screen shots, then send it to me for inclusion in the user guide, Word docs only please!

It is impossible for me to document set up procedures for anything other than main stream (Yaesu, Icom & Kenwood) radios because I dont have access to every rig in the world.
73 Terry G4POP
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Post by g3ziy »

OK Terry, I have written it up. I do not have Word, but have used LibreOffice, which is apparently compatible. But at 458k it is too large to attach to this message. So here is a Dropbox link instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk52zjfliw09g ... M.odt?dl=0

73, Richard, G3ZIY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

RichardCSD wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 11:27 OK Terry, I have written it up. I do not have Word, but have used LibreOffice, which is apparently compatible. But at 458k it is too large to attach to this message. So here is a Dropbox link instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk52zjfliw09g ... M.odt?dl=0

73, Richard, G3ZIY
Richard,
Thank you very much for the file I will insert it in the user guide and of course credit you with its production
73 Terry G4POP