Problems?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KE6PJF
Novice Class

Problems?

Post by KE6PJF »

I am a XML Logbook Data subscriber to QRZ. The locator and counties do not update automatically. I changed to HamQTH and they do.

When I try to edit a contact in the County field it limits me to 6 characters, but the auto lookup mode (from HamQTH) does not have this limit. Example: I am trying to add the county El Paso. If I look up the call sign (KC0VCC) it will fill in El Paso, but I can only enter EL PAS.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problems?

Post by G4POP »

First of all your name and call sign please?
I am a XML Logbook Data subscriber to QRZ. The locator and counties do not update automatically. I changed to HamQTH and they do.
I think that you should check if your QRZ subscription has expired because this works fine for me - See screen shot below
When I try to edit a contact in the County field it limits me to 6 characters, but the auto lookup mode (from HamQTH) does not have this limit. Example: I am trying to add the county El Paso. If I look up the call sign (KC0VCC) it will fill in El Paso, but I can only enter EL PAS
Agreed this field will only accept 6 digits and this is a bug because if you do a lookup it will receive any length of string - Thanks for finding the bug
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (49.16 KiB) Viewed 6297 times
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

State lenght fixed. I apologize for the issue, you can change it from QSO Management, showing the field and enabling update.
The fix will be release soon with 1.17
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KE6PJF
Novice Class

Post by KE6PJF »

Thanks for the quick response. I used the update info from the Archive manager and that filled in all my counties. The fields that are not filled in from QRZ are on the right side of the program where Distance, Short Path, Long Path, ITOA, and Locator are displayed. I am mainly looking for the Locator field. This fills in from HamQTH. Some of the fields fill in for me from QRZ.

Thanks Again,

Brian KE6PJF
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Brian I have changed your user name for this forum to KE6PJF hope that you don't mind but it helps us identify your location which enables us to provide informative answers
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KE6PJF wrote: The fields that are not filled in from QRZ are on the right side of the program where Distance, Short Path, Long Path, ITOA, and Locator are displayed. I am mainly looking for the Locator field. This fills in from HamQTH. Some of the fields fill in for me from QRZ

Please provide an example call sign from your log where it will not fill these fields from QRZ but it does from HamQTH
73 Terry G4POP
KE6PJF
Novice Class

Post by KE6PJF »

Every call sign I tried would not fill in. I tried KE6RKX, KE6RKW, KE6PJE, KE6PUI, and WA7SPY.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KE6PJF wrote:Every call sign I tried would not fill in. I tried KE6RKX, KE6RKW, KE6PJE, KE6PUI, and WA7SPY.

As you can clearly see from the attached image they all fill the fields from QRZ for me!

Perhaps I have a basic misunderstanding of the problem - I have had ny thick pills today :-)

So please a step by step guide of your actions leading unto the information appearing, or not, in the distance, SP and LP and Locator fields
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (145.8 KiB) Viewed 6278 times
73 Terry G4POP
KE6PJF
Novice Class

Post by KE6PJF »

Problem resolved. When I noticed that I could not get county updates I did some research and found that I had to have a paid subscription to QRZ so I purchased the XML Logbook subscription to QRZ. The purchase seemed to be immediate because more fields filled in the log. It just did not update county or locator. I changed nothing and it works today. I assume the purchase at QRZ does not enable the logbook function immediately. For me, it took a day.

Thanks again,
Brian
KE6PJF
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Brian,
I am pleased that it is working now but if you recall I said in my first response..

I think that you should check if your QRZ subscription has expired because this works fine for me
73 Terry G4POP