Refreshing CAT connection

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Refreshing CAT connection

Post by G4POP »

G3ZSS wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but where do I find "Advanced Menu - 22"?

I understand that it's the rigs advanced menu setting number 22
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

That is a service menu in the transceiver. Don´t know how to enter in those rig in some other rigs you have a special key combination. Most things in this menu are specially for this one rig so handle with care if you change anything there ... :!: :!:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk6wb-GUS wrote:Still don't understand advance menu 22.

From the 990 manual
There is a “Menu” and “Sub Menu” available in the TS‐990S.
In the “Menu”, various functions are grouped, and each of the functions can be selected from the respective group.
In the “Sub Menu”, there is a reset function, clock configuration, LAN configuration, and “Advanced Menu” which provides functions to be used depending on the operating environment such as the linear amplifier control. “Sub Menu” is independent from the “Menu” with often used functions.
So go to the "Sub menu" and select "Advanced menu" and that is apparently where menu item 22 is located
73 Terry G4POP
Aylissa

Post by Aylissa »

Hello everyone.
We have the Kenwood TS 990S and use Log4OM, the program is great and so is the radio. Is someone with experience willing to instruct me how to tie the two together so the features of the program will change frequency/band to make logging easier? Please note the serial port of the radio has a cable attached to the amp.

Thank you, Aylissa
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You also need a connection from the radio to the computer, I am sure the user guide for your radio or interface will explain that.

Dont have that radio so dont have first hand knowledge of it but we have many users that have it connected and working
73 Terry G4POP