QRZ.com lookup

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ik2egl
Old Man

QRZ.com lookup

Post by ik2egl »

I think that the data lookup funzionality (external source in setting) implicity needs to subscribe to XML Logbook Data Service and log4om needs to receive a xml file; without XML data subscription the fucnionality does not work.

In the manual I did not clearly see this requirement but I think you need looking to other port here in the forum

is that I true ?

tnx
don
ik2egl
73 de Don IK2EGL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ.com lookup

Post by G4POP »

I think that the data lookup funzionality (external source in setting) implicity needs to subscribe to XML Logbook Data Service and log4om needs to receive a xml file; without XML data subscription the fucnionality does not work.
The QRZ lookup will not function properly if the user does not have a paid subscription to QRZ for XML downloads, however some data will be returned from QRZ if the user is just a "Ham" member of QRZ but it will be missing some very important data
In the manual I did not clearly see this requirement but I think you need looking to other port here in the forum
I have added a prominent note to the user guide as above. We probably wrongly assumed that a person using QRZ would be aware of this but we should never assume things.
73 Terry G4POP
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Tnx Terry
My old logging sw did not need qrz subscription even if filling option was not available but only external look up (it was another thing !) And that's why I post the question .

Will subscribe ;)

73 and tnx for all other today replies

Don
Ik2egl
73 de Don IK2EGL
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Don, try HAMQTH first. It's very good, free and growing fast
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ik2egl