QSL's in LofW, but download says 0 QSO's

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL's in LofW, but download says 0 QSO's

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Mr. T :D

I see only an Icon for a private Message. No Icon for an Email :!:
Attachments
df5ww.PNG
df5ww.PNG (27.85 KiB) Viewed 5641 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Many, many thanks to Terry for his patience in tracking down and solving this issue. It appeared to be a bad password saved along the way, possibly compounded by LOFW's complicated requirements for two different passwords when downloading your confirmed QSL reports. What we found was an error message returned by LOTW regarding the problem with the password, but that message was only readable via some debugging tools and reading the logs. That information about the error might be something to expose to the user in the future, for the next person who might run into this issue. Terry contacted me on Skype and we worked on the issue together, and had a very pleasant chat! Good experience all around!

With that resolved, I was able to use this software all weekend long for the ARRL DX contest and really enjoyed the software. It really improved my operating efficiency and I was able to try new ways of doing thing. No more paper notes!

Thanks again guys. Great product!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote:Hi Mr. T :D

I see only an Icon for a private Message. No Icon for an Email :!:
Oh! Perhaps the email icon is only available for moderators? My bad!
73 Terry G4POP
VK3SIM
Novice Class

Post by VK3SIM »

Hi my name Is Simon (VK3SIM), I installed Log4OM about a month ago, it is so easy to use, but I am having the same problem as Doug, LOTW uploads with no problems but I can't download, I have many contacts confirmed with LOTW but there is none confirmed in my logbook.

Hope you can help
Cheers
Simon
Attachments
This is the result after I try and download.
This is the result after I try and download.
lotw.jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
k3dcw
Advanced Class

Post by k3dcw »

Simon,

Double check that you are using the correct password. You need to be using the password you use to log into the LoTW website, not the password you may or may not have setup in TQSL.

***NOTE: Although TQSL prompts you to setup a signing password, this is not a requirement. You can set it up to sign your uploads without a password (simply hit enter when that dialog comes up during setup) which eliminates one possible mistake. You still must have the password needed to log into LoTW however.

Assuming that you are using the correct password, then log into LoTW and check when those QSLs were received. Then, just for fun, set your download to use the date range download, setting the date to a time before those QSLs were received.

If I had to bet, the problem is with an incorrect password.

Dave
K3DCW
K3DCW
Elecraft K3
VK3SIM
Novice Class

Post by VK3SIM »

Thanks Dave for the quick response You are spot on, I had no idea that the two passwords were different, I have now made them the same problem solved.

Cheers
Simon
VK3SIM
k3dcw
Advanced Class

Post by k3dcw »

Glad to help, Simon.

K3DCW
Elecraft K3
M0TRJ
Novice Class

Post by M0TRJ »

k3dcw wrote:Simon,

Double check that you are using the correct password. You need to be using the password you use to log into the LoTW website, not the password you may or may not have setup in TQSL.

***NOTE: Although TQSL prompts you to setup a signing password, this is not a requirement. You can set it up to sign your uploads without a password (simply hit enter when that dialog comes up during setup) which eliminates one possible mistake. You still must have the password needed to log into LoTW however.

Assuming that you are using the correct password, then log into LoTW and check when those QSLs were received. Then, just for fun, set your download to use the date range download, setting the date to a time before those QSLs were received.

If I had to bet, the problem is with an incorrect password.

Dave
K3DCW
Many many thanks i was pulling what little hair i had left ... kudos