W1AW/KG4

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K0AY
Old Man

W1AW/KG4

Post by K0AY »

As part of the ARRL centennial, W1AW is operating from every state and territory. This requires me to change the state on my log from CT to whatever state I have contacted them. I have no problem with this. However, when I contacted the Guantanamo Bay station W1AW/KG4, I go to change the country from USA to Guantanimo Bay then do an update and save on that QSO, it changes back to United States. Is there a way to override the country?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: W1AW/KG4

Post by G4POP »

K0AY wrote:As part of the ARRL centennial, W1AW is operating from every state and territory. This requires me to change the state on my log from CT to whatever state I have contacted them. I have no problem with this. However, when I contacted the Guantanamo Bay station W1AW/KG4, I go to change the country from USA to Guantanimo Bay then do an update and save on that QSO, it changes back to United States. Is there a way to override the country?
The state needing to be changed is understandable but the /KG4 issue seems to indicate a country file issue.

I have just checked and can confirm that you are correct but it worked with every other prefix/suffix and both / and \ that I used! so for example

OH0/W1AW
OH0\W1AW
W1AW/OH0
W1AW\OH0

All correctly returned the country as Aland Island

Perhaps Chuck can comment?
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Re: W1AW/KG4

Post by K7PT »

This is a one time exception for W1AW and the 100th year anniversary. Normally, stroked calls are not used from Gitmo except for this. I've added KG4/ to the country file dated Feb 28, 2014.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"