New User for Log40M

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W4DOW
Novice Class

New User for Log40M

Post by W4DOW »

I got onto The Log40M Software from G4POP off The SOTA page, I downloaded the software and manual and after using HRD/DM780 for many years and N3FJP ACLOG only thing I can say is WOW Really a great Software program and it does so many things and To me as a Old Man of 67 Yrs and been a Ham for 54 yrs ( Old Call for 53 Yrs was WA4HMX) I do a lot of Contesting, DX'ing and CW is my passion in the Hobby. I got in to Doing SoTA about a year ago as a Chaser. I have COPD pretty bad which limits me to getting out on the Mountains.
I really do like the program and everything so far for me is working GREAT,
I only have one problem... The Freq Read-OUT on the Rig Control top middle of the page...is way to small
As I said I am a Old man now and the eye site isnt as good as it was 20 or 30 years ago. IN looking at the Screen I see a very large empty Blue area just above the Cluster Block. A larger Read-out for the Rig Control there would be really good fo us older guys who cant see so good anymore . Other than that at this time everything is really good and I am telling all my HAM friends on Facebook and over the Air about this New Great Software Log Program with so many different great things within the program..
Thanks to all the people who put this together and a Big thanks to G4POP for his post on SoTAWatch and sorry those peope was such Butt-Heads about the Software as a great aid to there program. I would have been a great help for a lot of us there.
Thanks again - NEW USER [W4DOW]
Dow L.Pierce in Virginia USA (Good on QRZ) email wa4hmx@gmail.com
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New User for Log40M

Post by G4POP »

Hi Dow,
I am pleased that you like the software it is written by Daniele IW3HMH who is a full time professional programmer in one of Italy's leading banks so he really knows what he is doing.

Yes several people including myself (I am 74 years old) have commented on the size of displayed data and hopefully in version 2.00 this will be addressed.

Its a constant battle trying to provide a program window that will display on small computers like netbooks and this is why the numbers and characters are quiet small but hopefully we can resolve this in the future.

Yes "Butt heads" is about right but their attitude won't win them any prizes when they are like that, they don't encourage serious and professional software developers to work with them, their loss!

BTW you can already export a CSV file from Log4OM which is ready for manual upload to the SOTA Watch database but we won't be automating the upload for the same reason that we won't progress the SOTA cluster facility.

Keep well
73 Terry G4POP
W4DOW
Novice Class

Re: New User for Log40M

Post by W4DOW »

After a Few Days now of using LOG40m I really do like it and am finding more and more new stuff about it all the time.
Really cant wait until the new Version comes outs with maybe a new Larger Freq Readout for the Rig control.
Being older and the eyes not so good the one now is so hard for me to see..
Thanks again for a Great program and I sire am telling all my local friends on the air about it.
Tnx & 73
Dow (W4DOW) in VA USA