SQL command for update DXCC qsos

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ik2egl
Old Man

SQL command for update DXCC qsos

Post by ik2egl »

I need to make a fast update of many qso status for dxcc

Point and click could be too slow as manually based

Could you provide me a SQL command to be executed from QSO archive window ?

I need to identify a QSO (call, date, band, mode) and update qsl status where QSL status confirmed

As I need to handle about 1000 qsos perhaps using other tool as SQLiet data base browser

any suggestion ?

tnx
:)
73 de Don IK2EGL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: SQL command for update DXCC qsos

Post by G4POP »

Hi Don,
You can do this without SQL just use the search parameters to filter to the QSO's required and then select all followed by the field update

If you let me know the parameters I will return you the required search parameters
73 Terry G4POP
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Hi Terry
I got your point, tnx.

I undestand now what you mean : how to search and update using he QSO archive and fields update window.

it is fine !

I have a question: what fields must be set ,and with what value, to make a qso as CREDIT GRANTED ?

I have another question: is it possible to export part of the log in CSV, make the needed change in excel, and import it again for update the log ?

tnx
73 de Don IK2EGL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Don,
Sorry for the delay in responding but my wife and I were away for a few days celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary.
ik2egl wrote:I have a question: what fields must be set ,and with what value, to make a qso as CREDIT GRANTED ?
It is easiest to set the award credit status in the statistics window Awards/DXCC tab

Select the award type, like Mixed, and then set the submitted status in 'Actions/Valedated QSO' at the bottom of the window followed by 'Actions/Credit submitted QSO' - This procedure is detailed in the user guide.

However if you want to change the credited status by using the QSO Archive manager this is also possible by filtering the logbook for the QSO's to be marked credited and then doing a bulk update on the 'Credit granted' field by setting the appropriate value as shown in the screen shot below e.g. DXCC_Mixed, DXCC_PHONE, DXCC_Challenge etc etc
I have another question: is it possible to export part of the log in CSV, make the needed change in excel, and import it again for update the log ?
It is possible to filter and select specific QSO's for export to CSV so that you could modify the records in Excel but at this time there is not a CSV 'Merge' facility in log4OM and this is what you would require to update the log from the modified CSV file.

I am sure that I don't need to remind you to make backups before doing any data changes :D
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.27 KiB) Viewed 3112 times
73 Terry G4POP