Grid Squares Seem Incorrect

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W6JHB
Novice Class

Grid Squares Seem Incorrect

Post by W6JHB »

I just had a QSO with K0FCG in West Plains, MO, USA. Log4OM indicates that his grid square is EM18kv, which places him somewhere in the middle of Kansas (KS). I thought that strange, so I looked him up on QRZ.com and sure enough his QRZ.COM grid square indicates EM46cm, which IS in the right part of MO.

Everything else that Log4OM is showing for this station matches QRZ.COM - any idea why the grid square is whacky?

Jim / W6JHB
W6JHB
Novice Class

Re: Grid Squares Seem Incorrect

Post by W6JHB »

As a follow-on to my post, I do see most other grid squares in Log4OM as being correct, but this one for K0FCG has me baffled…. :?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Its correct for me, are you sure that you have a valid paid XML subscription to QRZ
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.62 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
73 Terry G4POP
W6JHB
Novice Class

Post by W6JHB »

Yes, it is correct there, but if you pull up / double click on that QSO record once it's in the database, you'll see EM18kv in the Locator box underneath QTH and Comments….
W6JHB
Novice Class

Post by W6JHB »

I think I know what happened. When I first entered his call in the call field, I had one letter wrong. When I saw the error, I changed that incorrect character. It appears that the program held on to the grid square when I changed the call to the correct one. I'm assuming that the grid square I'm seeing was from the incorrect call. However, if I bring up the QSO Archive, double click on that K0FCG call, and click UPDATE, wouldn't it go to QRZ and get the right info? And, yes - I have a paid sub to QRZ…. :D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If you refer to this view I still have the same locator - Are you certain that your QRZ or HAMQTH user name and passwords are correct in the Log4OM Options/Settings 1 tab?
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-03-19 18.56.49.png
Screenshot 2014-03-19 18.56.49.png (62.07 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W6JHB wrote:However, if I bring up the QSO Archive, double click on that K0FCG call, and click UPDATE, wouldn't it go to QRZ and get the right info?D

Yes it will but it will only add the downloaded locator if the locator field is empty, this is to safeguard for when the station is /P and therefore the home locator is not required.

Open the QSO edit window, delete the grid reference then click the update button
73 Terry G4POP
W6JHB
Novice Class

Post by W6JHB »

Bingo - that fixed it!! Many thanks for the help.