Information from Newbie

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
IU7LQP
New user

Information from Newbie

Post by IU7LQP »

Good evening I call myself Adelino IU7LQP and I am new on the forum, I would like to thank Daniele and all the staff for the excellent work they have done and that they are doing on Log4Om, it is truly an excellent program, well done and very powerful and I am looking for my little one, to learn it well to be able to use it to the fullest. In this regard I would need help because there are two things that I am not able to solve:
- I am noticing that it does not upload the logs that are inserted in the "Recent Qso (F8)" sheet on Clublog.org, although the connection parameters in the "External Info" tab are correct, and the field that I entered "Clublog Upload Status" is validated with the letter Y, going to check on the site instead nothing is loaded: how can I try to solve according to you?
- I have difficulty downloading LoTW confirmations, despite following the manual procedure, in the sense that I press the "Download" button, but nothing happens: can you advise me what to do? In upload I have no problems.
Thank you for reading me and for the advice you will give me and I apologize if my English is not very correct

Cordially
IU7LQP
Adelino

P.s.
S. O. Windows Xp SP3
Log4Om Ver. 1.19.0.0
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Information from Newbie

Post by G4POP »

Think Log4om stopped supporting win XP a year or so ago, do you have a Win 7 machine
73 Terry G4POP
IU7LQP
New user

Post by IU7LQP »

Hi Terry thanks for the reply, unfortunately on my pc I cannot mount windows 7 because it cannot manage it. Do you think that changing the system I can solve? Thanks again
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Think to change the system would be a goog idea. I see you run V1.19 of V1 and that´s a very outdated
version but one of them which can work with XP. Meanwhile V1 is on 1.41 and there where some changes
in the past for external services like Clublog or LotW also TQSL from the ARRL LotW was updated several
times.

To use newer V1 versions it is needed to update to W7 but better is to change directly to a Windows 10
machine so W7 support will be stopped in this year too. All V1 versions will be run with an outdated W7
but if you plan to change to V2 in the future a W10 is recommended for further updates.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.