CAT Connection with IC-775DSP

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
MD0MDI
Novice Class

CAT Connection with IC-775DSP

Post by MD0MDI »

I have been trying for over a hour now to get the CAT control from the logbook to even see the radio with no joy at all.

I can connect the radio to HRD and UcxLog with no issues at all, but if I try and use the same settings in Log40M, the Hamlib and CAT turn green for about 5 seconds and then turn red? Also I cannot see where the frequency in the logbook window is displayed, so I take it this is only displayed when there is a valid connection to the radio.

I have tried entering the CI-V number for the radio and also changed various settings to suit.

The CAT interface is a MicroHam DK2 and I have removed and recreated the ports to make sure that nothing is amiss, but again, nothing, yet using the same settings in HRD and UcxLog both these load and control the radio fine.

Must be doing something wrong, but not sure what!

James
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT Connection with IC-775DSP

Post by DF5WW »

Hi James,

have an older Icom Rig here (IC-735) and don´t got it work with Hamlib. I use Omnirig now and all works fine. Give it a try. Hope it helps you ;)

You´ll find Omnirig here: http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/ and it works with your Icom too ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
MD0MDI
Novice Class

Post by MD0MDI »

Tried OmniRig and cannot get that to do anything at all, CAT ststaus light at the bottom of the screen stays RED and nothign happens.

I have kept trying the Hamlib mode and these light up CAT ststus light lights up green for about 5 seconds and then it goes out.

I have just tried it with a friends FT-950 and exactly the same thing, works OK with UcxLog and HRD, but not with this logbook software, so cannot be the radio, must be the software. Settings are the same as set in UcxLog and HRD but software not seeing radio, or at least it seems to for about 5 seconds and then drops, same five seconds with FT-950 as well.

James
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

James call me tonight on Skype I am Genes1

I will walk you through the set up
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4POP wrote:James call me tonight on Skype I am Genes1

I will walk you through the set up
Nothing heard from you James so I guess you resolved your issue?

However if not give me a call tomorrow evening because I am off to my bed now
73 Terry G4POP
MD0MDI
Novice Class

Post by MD0MDI »

Sorry Terry I am really busy at this end till Sunday Morning, and I don't really like calling anyone on a Sunday as some people get a bit pressious about their weekends, hi hi...

Let me know if you don't mind.. I went round to set up a friends (GD3YUM) with this logbook as it looked to be just what he needed after trying various since not being able to run his beloved Logger32 any more, mainly due to the author not wishing to upgrade it to support Windows 7 and also major issues running CAT with Yaesu...

Kind of similar that I have with this radio...

I have tried it again this morning and still no joy, so could do with a little advice maybe... Must be something silly, but I have had issues before with HamLib and Omni with Icom radios when trying to use FLdigi and had to give up, maybe it does not like the MicroHam Interface?

Anyhow... Let me know when you are free please, anytime normally suites me, but please don't put yourself out, let me know when you are free and I will try and get to the shack...

All the best

James (MD0MDI)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

James,
I don't normally have too much on at the weekend but I am tied up this weekend so it will have to be early this morning or next week.

The Microham units normally work fine with Log4OM but I suggest you use Omnirig because many of us have issues with Hamlib when using Icom rigs.

I would advise you to download and install the latest version of Omnirig to ensure that you have the latest rig profiles and ensure Log4om is running with administator privileges.
73 Terry G4POP