Distance not being recorded?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
MD0MDI
Novice Class

Distance not being recorded?

Post by MD0MDI »

While I am waiting to find out why I cannot get CAT control to work with my radio, I thought I would add a few random entries from the cluster to a temp log to see how things look, but I noticed that even though my own station info has my locator set, when i add a log entry, it is recorded a s being 0 miles away from my station. I have now added 10 entries and all 10 are 0 miles away from me?

James
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Distance not being recorded?

Post by K7PT »

Hi James,
Give us an example of the call signs you're working with.

Also, do you have QRZ or HamQTH setup?

Have a great day. :)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
MD0MDI
Novice Class

Post by MD0MDI »

I was chatting with XZ1Z and entered this as a QSO, but the distrance was not recorded., My own station info is setup and seems to be working right as in the map on the 'QSO Information' pane has my home location right and plots a line to the contact, but when you add the log entry is saves allk the information OK, but not the distance to the contact.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Have you set up QRZ or HamQTH in the Log4om options?
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

MD0MDI wrote:I was chatting with XZ1Z and entered this as a QSO, but the distrance was not recorded., My own station info is setup and seems to be working right as in the map on the 'QSO Information' pane has my home location right and plots a line to the contact, but when you add the log entry is saves allk the information OK, but not the distance to the contact.

Well it woks fine for me! - See screen shots below

My guess is that you had not set up the 'External sources' in the Settings 1 tab of the log4OM options - see screen shot below
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-03-20 23.11.30.png
Screenshot 2014-03-20 23.11.30.png (59.69 KiB) Viewed 5292 times
Screenshot 2014-03-20 23.11.35.png
Screenshot 2014-03-20 23.11.35.png (56.23 KiB) Viewed 5292 times
QRZHamQTH.jpg
QRZHamQTH.jpg (141.3 KiB) Viewed 5292 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

With regard to the path line being drawn on the grey line map!

If a locator is not returned by the lookup, possibly due to a bad internet connection or the external lookup not being set in options correctly, we then use the call prefix to identify the country and draw the line to the centre of that country to provide a rough azimuth for the users rotator direction.

However we do not add this rough path to the QSO record because it is probably incorrect.
73 Terry G4POP
MD0MDI
Novice Class

Post by MD0MDI »

Thanks Terry,

Not sure what was happening, but after quitting out and back in again a few times to try the software, new QSO's started to be recorded with Country and Mileage.

Now all I need to do is find a way to update all my imported records that don't have Country or Mileage?

James
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

MD0MDI wrote:Now all I need to do is find a way to update all my imported records that don't have Country or Mileage?
The easiest way to update the country would have been during the initial import of your ADIF file by checking the 'Update countries in ADIF' box as shown in the screenshot below - This updates using the call prefix and checking it against our Country file, Special call list and the built in Clublog call sign exceptions file

However you can update the country if the DXCC number is present in your log using the Field update facility in the QSO archive manager or you could start over with a new logbook and reimport your ADIF if the DXCC is not present in your log.

The Field update facility also has an Update distance and bearing selection - See second screenshot
Attachments
untitled 2.jpg
untitled 2.jpg (41.62 KiB) Viewed 5271 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (94.61 KiB) Viewed 5271 times
73 Terry G4POP