Database will not load after Win update

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
g0ajj
Novice Class

Database will not load after Win update

Post by g0ajj »

Hi all
I'm hoping someone can advise me on a problem I'm having with Log4OM2. A few weeks ago I clicked on Log4OM2 and was presented with the configuration screen to set up a database despite the fact that I had been using the program successfully for sometime. My original database and log would not load. To resolve the issue I had to create a new database and then install the last backup to recover my log. The program worked ok from then on. I last used the logging program on 11th Aug. Following a Windows update on 12th August I found that on opening Log4OM2 yesterday I am again presented with the configuration screen! My log will not load, it says "database seems not valid". I have created new database and when I try to import my last backup log it says "not connected to valid database". Thinking back, I recall that the first time this happened was also after a Windows update!
On reading the threads it seems that VK3VZX had a similar problem and one of the suggestions from Terry was to replace the config.json with the previous copy from the backup location. I have tried this but unfortunately that has not made any difference.
My database and backups are stored in MyDocuments.
I am using a Medion Akoya laptop running windows 10 version 2004.
If anyone has any ideas as to how I get around this I would be grateful.
Linda
I have now managed to create a valid database and import my last backup log! I can now use Log4om again. My concern is now that next time windows decides to update am I going to have the same problem? Has anyone else had this problem?
Last edited by g0ajj on 14 Aug 2020, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Database will not load after Win update

Post by G4POP »

Try using an earlier backup config it's probable that you restarted a couple of times and each time a new backup is created containg the issue
73 Terry G4POP
g0ajj
Novice Class

Post by g0ajj »

Tried that Terry. I was happily working with the new database just now and closed down the program and when I restarted it has presented me with the configuration page again. Any other ideas. This is so frustrating.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

g0ajj wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 16:17 Tried that Terry. I was happily working with the new database just now and closed down the program and when I restarted it has presented me with the configuration page again. Any other ideas. This is so frustrating.
Not an easy issue to identify!

I would try a complete uninstall including the user files and then a new download and install, if that does not resolve it contact me via email and I will have a TeamViewer session with you
73 Terry G4POP
g0ajj
Novice Class

Post by g0ajj »

Just tried an even earlier config file and it found my original database and log. Closed down the program and opened it again.......back to the same problem, "database seems not valid". I will remove the program completely and try a new install and see what happens.
Time for tea first .....
VA3KRT
New user

Post by VA3KRT »

When V2 came out, shortly after I started using V1, the V2 install failed completely and in frustration and disappointment I went back to using V1. Now that is failing with the win update. It was in some sense inevitable, I understand that, but I hope to heck V2 install isn't a mess like it was the first time I tried installing it.
g0ajj
Novice Class

Post by g0ajj »

Hi Terry
Just deleted all user files, closed program and did computer restart. I then uninstalled Log4om2 using Revo Uninstaller. Restarted computer again and then I downloaded a fresh version of Log4om2 using Chrome instead of Edge in case that was causing the problem. Upon opening the program I was surprised to find that my profile information has been found from somewhere and I still have the problem regarding the database.
I have installed Teamviewer on my computer and would be delighted for you to help me try and sort this out.
I would happily email you but (probably me being stupid) I can't find any email address for you on here. I'm assuming you use a different one to your qrz.com email?
Linda
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Linda,
It's the ARRL one on QRZ
73 Terry G4POP