HK0 = United States !!

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K7PT
Old Man

Re: HK0 = United States !!

Post by K7PT »

Back to the initial subject:

The only way to resolve this to a large extent, which Daniele would no doubt not like, would be in the cluster for every U.S. call the program would query QRZ or HamQTH to get the current location. This is not fool proof as it relies on the station to have the correct data on the remote servers.

In the case of the HK0/N7UN, there is no QRZ data available. And, without asking N7UN, you would not know from his HK0 call if he was on HK0M or HK0S. ;)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

you are right; the file editng could not be a good approach

Editing a local table with a simple interface (in expert mode) could introduce the neede flexibility
73 de Don IK2EGL
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Don, you can edit every file in Log4Om configuration, included country definitions.
There is not a SINGLE configuration file that is not user-editable now and in future (except config.xml that stores your password and is simply encrypted in base64 to avoid tampering, even if this file is convertible back to plain text).

Tampering with country file is, as said, possible but will put your log outside of the normal update flow, that on country file is made almost weekly, so not recommended at all.

About the proposal to poll qrz/hamqth on every single call that appears on cluster the answer is, of course, no.

I will evaluate the possibility to create an user file with "static" countries (not an SCL file) where an user can add <callsign>;<dxcc> and have this written on the rock in the software. We will not mantain this file, that will be entirely on the final user side to manage beacons and other static situations.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Lele
Shall I add to Mantis?
73 Terry G4POP
G3ZSS
Old Man

Post by G3ZSS »

Thanks Lele. All I can say is hurrah for
I will evaluate the possibility to create an user file with "static" countries (not an SCL file) where an user can add <callsign>;<dxcc> and have this written on the rock in the software. We will not mantain this file, that will be entirely on the final user side to manage beacons and other static situations.
73 Peter G3ZSS
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes please Terry, add to Mantis, i will work on in a next release
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH