HRDlog.net not showing online...resolved no CAT connected

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G0JKZ
Novice Class

HRDlog.net not showing online...resolved no CAT connected

Post by G0JKZ »

Hi all...

I did a full clean rebuild of my pc a couple of days ago and have got almost everything back on the machine.

with the log4om everything went pretty smoothly except the config of hrdlog.net. I have entered all the details correctly but at the moment it just sits with a red light on the front screen saying hrdlog isnt connected.

Any ideas?

George
G0JKZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: HRDlog.net not showing online...

Post by G4POP »

Hi George,

There are a couple of possible causes.....

1. You must have a rig connected and turned on for this to work

2. Are you sure that you entered the login code sent to you by email, it is not the password that you use to login into the HRDLog.net website

I just checked with my set up and it is working OK so I don't think it can be a bug!

73 Terry G4POP
G0JKZ
Novice Class

Post by G0JKZ »

thats where its going wrong... the cat control using the virtual serial port to hrd isnt working. having trouble setting up the n8vb ports on win 7 x64. it drops out with devcon failed. i tried getting the raw version and that didnt work either.

hmm how to configure?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi George,
Please describe your set up, rigs, VSP's program's etc, preferably supported by a block diagram.

It's very hard for me to guess what the problem is without the full picture.

73 Terry G4POP
G0JKZ
Novice Class

Post by G0JKZ »

the setup is pretty straight forward... radio is an icom 7200 usb to the pc, a win 7 x64 machine. there it is working fine with hrd and dm780.

i have tried to set up n8vb ports 9 and 10 with hrd but it cannot create the ports. the dos box comes up but gives the error devcon failed when you try to install it.

I have managed to find another com program which has created a bridge between com 9 and com 10. hrd is connected to com 10 and omnirig is configured to use com 9 with the hrd ini file.

still there is no connect but hrd is showing some reads between the ports.
G0JKZ
Novice Class

Post by G0JKZ »

the vsp software didn't work properly.... it didnt keep the ports after a reboot.

I was just wonder if I should link a pair of real ports on the machine with a null modem cable.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi George,
I can't understand why you are using the N8VB virtual serial port software? I expected you to say that you were using a flex radio and two or three other program's!

Just plug the rig into the computer and use the USB port that is connected directly to the rig

Install Omnirig and select the port the rig is connected to and baud rate the rig is set to and off you go.

If you would like me to talk you through this just give me a call on Skype at Genes1

73 Terry G4POP
G0JKZ
Novice Class

Post by G0JKZ »

I could do that terry, unfortunately the rig control is minimal in omnirig to say the least.... The biggest advantage with the hrd control is all of the sliders and other menu features.

as it is i got it working using vspm from k5fr.com. you have to request the software but it is free to licenced amateurs. once installed it works fine and is very fast as it is x64 native...

George
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

So is your problem resolved now George?
73 Terry G4POP
G0JKZ
Novice Class

Post by G0JKZ »

yes, all fixed...

I have ordered a pci card with 4 ports on it as well as a null modem cable. I plan to build another interface to switch cw directly so need a separate port just for that... I do have barcode scanners and a couple of other serial devices connected as well on real ports...