Import SOTA contact from csv file

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
k0mos
Novice Class

Import SOTA contact from csv file

Post by k0mos »

I am trying to import all my SOTA contacts from a csv file as outlined in the manual (page 116). So far no luck. I attached a screenshot of the import window with the error message. Unfortunately I am unable to interpret what is going wrong.

Any input highly appreciated.

Matt/K0MOS
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (193.18 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Import SOTA contact from csv file

Post by G4POP »

Matt

Are the QSO's in your logbook?
73 Terry G4POP
k0mos
Novice Class

Post by k0mos »

Nope, I was under the assumption that I will get them into my logbook this way? I am trying to populate my Log4Om logbook... sounds like that is not the way to do it.

Matt/K0MOS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No Matt,
The CSV import is designed to update the SOTA fields in existing QSO's so import your log from your normal logging software by ADIF import and then update the SOTA information using the SOTA import
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Matt,
If the only record of these QSO's you have is on the SOTA site let me know and I will work something out for you.

How many QSO's do you have?
73 Terry G4POP
k0mos
Novice Class

Post by k0mos »

Thanks Terry, I have all my contacts in HRD but currently inaccessible (hence my plan to transition to Log4Om, so my log always travels with me). So an ADIF export/import followed my a SOTA csv export/import should take care of my 'problem' ?

Thanks for your help

Matt/K0MOS
VE2DDZ
Novice Class

Post by VE2DDZ »

Those who don't have their SOTA contacts in another software which exports ADIF can use the SOTA CSV Editor by Stewart, G0LGS which they can download from www.g0lgs.co.uk/. Although the tool is for editing/refining it will allow them to open the csv they download from the SOTA site and then save it as an ADIF which they can import into Log4OM.

This worked for me with very little fuss. I did have a problem since I had sometimes commas in my comments on the original entries on the SOTA site. These broke the csv downloaded from SOTA, so I had to clean those up first.

Malcolm VE2DDZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Way to go Matt,

When you import the HRD log make sure that you check the box marked "Update countries in ADIF" in the Import ADIF window, to ensure that you have the correct country data
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

If needed, in the next version, i can provide an option to add QSO when missing on import.
Please take note this option should be used carefully, because Log4Om consider QSO existent where date and TIME matches perfectly, so could be easy to insert duplicates.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:If needed, in the next version, i can provide an option to add QSO when missing on import.
Please take note this option should be used carefully, because Log4Om consider QSO existent where date and TIME matches perfectly, so could be easy to insert duplicates.

I think that would be a good idea because I believe this may keep reoccurring
73 Terry G4POP