Different rig description

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W1RET
Novice Class

Different rig description

Post by W1RET »

Using Omnirig allows you to select from 2 rigs. Is there a way to enter the information for both rigs in the Station Info section. For example, my two rigs would have different power settings, 100 watts for the first and 5 watts for the second. When the qso is saved it appears that it selects the TX power setting from the information in the Station Info. If both rig descriptions could be entered could the correct power setting be selected whenever the in-use rig is being used and QSO logged?

Thanks,

Jim W1RET
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Different rig description

Post by G4POP »

No we don't have this feature at this time but it is on our list of future additions

73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I confirm what terry said. This thing was required some time ago, but was not "easy" to define because when logging automatically i should have a default.
Also changing power/rig set/antenna require some dropdowns that should be filled somewhere in the program.

One possible "answer" is to CLONE the actual profile and create many profiles with different configurations. You can switch between profiles by selecting the new one and restarting the program, BUT if you switch configuration at each QSO this will be annoying and not seen as a valid solution.

I'm open to suggestions :)

Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Could we take the My rig information for each QSO from Omnirig and just provide a power choice in the F2 pane?
73 Terry G4POP