Label Printing in v17.1

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Label Printing in v17.1

Post by NN7D »

Installed 17.1 tonight, no problems with the install. Looks like an nice upgrade! I did find a couple of issues printing labels.

1. There seems to be an address issue with the source and printing of the Manager's address. Here is an example - address for W0MM in HamQTH is as follows:
Laurent D Thomin
1615 Beaconshire Rd
Houston, TX 77077
United States

And this is what is displayed in the Label Management window, QSO Analysis tab, and printing on the label:
Laurent D Thomin
1615 Beaconshire Rd
Houston
United States

So Tx (Texas) is missing and the zip should follow the city, state. I do have HamQTH selected in Settings, Settings 1 tab, External sources.

Note: printing of the contact's address seems to work fine.

2. I would still like to be able to suppress the TO: from printing on the labels. This sometimes takes up too much space on the label if the address is long - more than 5 lines.

3. The label type in the Label Management window, Print tab is still not sticky (it reverts back to the first choice in the drop-down list every time the window is closed and reopened). I only use one type of label - Avery 8160, so it would be more convenient if that label were sticky from one session to the next, and cut down on possible error if user forgets to set the label again.

Looks like the other label printing issues have been resolved! Thanks!

Thanks for such a great product!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Label Printing in v17.1

Post by G4POP »

Doug,
3. The label type in the Label Management window, Print tab is still not sticky (it reverts back to the first choice in the drop-down list every time the window is closed and reopened). I only use one type of label - Avery 8160, so it would be more convenient if that label were sticky from one session to the next, and cut down on possible error if user forgets to set the label again.
If you don't use the other label formats either copy them to another location or delete them from the C:\............\roaming\logom\labels folder! then it will default to the only label in the folder

Alternatively rename your label in such a way that the name is alphabetically first in the list

We will eventually make these things persistent but the next release is some time away so this should keep you happy meanwhile :D
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

i've fixed that in next release (screenshot from HAMQTH):
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (15.54 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

G4POP wrote: If you don't use the other label formats either copy them to another location or delete them from the C:\............\roaming\logom\labels folder! then it will default to the only label in the folder

Alternatively rename your label in such a way that the name is alphabetically first in the list

We will eventually make these things persistent but the next release is some time away so this should keep you happy meanwhile :D
Thanks Terry for the tip. I'll do that. Creative thinking!

Thanks Daniele! That will work.

Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA