CAT control with IC-7600

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
F1SMV
Advanced Class

Re: CAT control with IC-7600

Post by F1SMV »

Hello Daniele

yes i was not in administrator..than now log4communicator opened for the first time with error msg , its seems that its cant connect fldigi which was in my old cfg. Now i would like connect dm780.
i have 2 green points on comm services now but always error message https://www.dropbox.com/s/iypp1qvu0bedz ... icator.png

thank for your help

73 Eric

2014-05-13 13:15:46.8027 ERROR: *** FldigiManagement: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant ******* [Function: FldigiTx] System.Net.WebException: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée 127.0.0.1:7362
à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
à System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
à System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
à System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
à CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(Object clientObj, MethodInfo mi, Object[] parameters)
à CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Object[] Parameters)
à XmlRpcProxya2ff923b-866b-4cb8-b7d4-61152acef673.GetTrxStatus()
à Log4OmCommunicator.BL.FldigiManagement.FldigiTx()
2014-05-13 13:15:46.8122 WARN: FldigiManagement: Setting FLDIGI 2 LOG4OM Running = false
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

"actively refuse" means that there is something with a firewall or the service is not correctly initialized on the other side that prevents correct communication between applications.
Is there a firewall in use, that doesn't has an exception for Log4OM or an antivirus? i remember there was an antivirus that creates troubles in inter-process communications...
Can you check that?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Ciao Eric
let me add my experience in addtion to Daniele note .

Me too, I had some trouble in setting up the connection and and the end it is was my configuration issue.

let me suggest to re-check the configuration as screenshot in the manual with your installation : in my case - at the end - I discovered that I moved my configuration a little from the manual config .

in my case i did not use as suggested the "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" addresses
73 de Don IK2EGL
F1SMV
Advanced Class

Post by F1SMV »

Bonjour Don, Daniele and the group

i tried morning after shutdown the firewall but always same .net error on the screen ...i will read again the manual and will try on the second computer but i am desapointed this soft is beautiful and run nice for the other functions. I hope soon fix the prob.

Good WE

73 Eric
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F1SMV wrote:Bonjour Don, Daniele and the group

i tried morning after shutdown the firewall but always same .net error on the screen ...i will read again the manual and will try on the second computer but i am desapointed this soft is beautiful and run nice for the other functions. I hope soon fix the prob.

Good WE

73 Eric
Eric,
Have you tried uninstalling Log4om and then with a fresh download of 1.17.1 a completely new install?

I have seen this "Unhandled exception" message problem with some users and it was sometimes caused by a bad install and other times because the user failed to uninstall the software before installing the new release.

Make certain that you are running Log4om and the communicator as an administrator which is detailed in the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
F1SMV
Advanced Class

Post by F1SMV »

GA Terry

no i dont tried...its one idea..i go and will send infos.

73 Eric
vk2gib
Novice Class

Post by vk2gib »

Hi Doug.. Terry
Hope you get notifications still on this old thread..
I too am trying to connect my ic7600 to Log4OM. (Mar 2018).
My new 2nd hand toy.

Previously i had my flex 3000 setup as rig 1 in Log4om.
Now i want to run rig2 as the 7600.

Just confirming your setup Doug.
Only a USB cable is connected?.
You have no ct17 ci-v converter connected to pc?

I have a usb only connected.
Driver for usb setup as COM4 and working with 7600 power on/off
I can use wsjtx for digi and cat control tx rx via this software only using com4 in all aspects. NO LOG4OM reference here.
So the port DOES work to control rig.

I have no freq or cat control at LOG4OM side under rig2.I get zero connection to com4 via log4om.

I am certain that my bauds and data is ok in the rig2 dropdown.
I did go back to the 7600 after reading your rig setting of decode vs ci-v.
I am currently ci-v.

What am i missing?

I take it you have got cat control in log4om showing freq readout and everything you would expect from cat control! (Like my flex was as an omnirig setting)

I have also noticed terry that my hrdlog comms arent working when my flex isnt connected here.
I have internet. I have communicator tcp running.

If i connect flex as rig1 all is good.

Do i need to establish more virtual port pairs so log4om can link to 7600 that can link to wsjtx etc etc.
From memory i created pairs then had to create a splitter.
Eg.. port pairs 10-20
Port 20 split to port 19.
Flex= cat port 10 which pairs with port 20(in the background)
Splitter port 19 can be used as the multiple program com.
rig1 in log4om =port 19 omnirig.

I have tried this routine with ic7600.
Still no joy.
Help!!
Marty vk2gib
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk2gib wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 12:06 Hi Doug.. Terry
Hope you get notifications still on this old thread..
I too am trying to connect my ic7600 to Log4OM. (Mar 2018).
My new 2nd hand toy.

Previously i had my flex 3000 setup as rig 1 in Log4om.
Now i want to run rig2 as the 7600.

Just confirming your setup Doug.
Only a USB cable is connected?.
You have no ct17 ci-v converter connected to pc?

I have a usb only connected.
Driver for usb setup as COM4 and working with 7600 power on/off
I can use wsjtx for digi and cat control tx rx via this software only using com4 in all aspects. NO LOG4OM reference here.
So the port DOES work to control rig.

I have no freq or cat control at LOG4OM side under rig2.I get zero connection to com4 via log4om.

I am certain that my bauds and data is ok in the rig2 dropdown.
I did go back to the 7600 after reading your rig setting of decode vs ci-v.
I am currently ci-v.

What am i missing?

I take it you have got cat control in log4om showing freq readout and everything you would expect from cat control! (Like my flex was as an omnirig setting)

I have also noticed terry that my hrdlog comms arent working when my flex isnt connected here.
I have internet. I have communicator tcp running.

If i connect flex as rig1 all is good.

Do i need to establish more virtual port pairs so log4om can link to 7600 that can link to wsjtx etc etc.
From memory i created pairs then had to create a splitter.
Eg.. port pairs 10-20
Port 20 split to port 19.
Flex= cat port 10 which pairs with port 20(in the background)
Splitter port 19 can be used as the multiple program com.
rig1 in log4om =port 19 omnirig.

I have tried this routine with ic7600.
Still no joy.
Help!!
Marty vk2gib
I have an IC-7600 as Omnirig rig 1 and an IC-7100 as Rig 2 and both work fine.

The first problem that most owners of late Icom radios using a USB connection is that the connected the radio to the computer before loading the specific Icom drivers.

This causes a problem because if you do that windows will load a generic driver and some very strange results appear.

So before we go any further either uninstall the driver for com 4 and disconnect the radio - Then download and install the correct drivers from the Icom site.

Alternatively confirm that you installed the Icom drivers before connecting the radio to the computer.

There is no need to install a VSP if your using Omnirig
73 Terry G4POP